Student Council Minutes 2014
Meeting started at
Canned Fun Day
- Ollie, Luke, Matthew (Will ring KidsCan), Niamh, Eilish, Daniel
MCs for the start
Last Day Activity
Meeting started 12.01pm
Ideas for Lunchtimes
- talent show could be in the activity centre on a stage (Mathew)
- Best not to do them on days that students have meetings and practices (Liam)
- Water activities in the winter aren’t such a great idea (Mr Herring)
Ideas to consider and take to Staff Meeting
- Talent show
- Maths Whizz Club
- Organised sports in Activity Centre
Flying Fox at school? (Grace)
- Mr H suggested she research other schools that might have them and contact them about safety
BMX track at school? (Ben S)
- Mr Herring suggested contacting Otautau School about how they did theirs?
Class pets in each class? (Eilish)
- Mr H suggested that each class talk with their teachers about that.
Book Club at school? (Hannah)
- Hannah will talk with Mrs FM about maybe setting this up.
Box Club - taking cardboard boxes to school and making things with them (Luke)
Meeting Starts 1.25pm
Play Club Ideas
Tuesday (Non- active)
- Ollie, Luke, Kate
2. Minecraft (Mr Murray)
- Daniel, Clarke
3. Board Game Club
- Liam, Hannah
1. Jumpjam (Mrs Davis)
- Ella, Eilish
2. Sports Club (?)
- Ben, Matthew,
3. Scooter (?)
- Amelia, Grace, Niamh
Meeting Closed 1.41pm
DJ - Mr Murray, Daniel
Sales - Popcorn, Ella, Eilish, Charlotte, Liam
Gold Coin Collectors - Kate / Luke
Decorations - Everyone else.
Prizes for best costumes - Mr Herring
Disco Games - Mrs Carr, Ms Burton
Posters up around school on Wednesday - Ella, Ben, Daniel, Eilish
Fundraising - Ronald McDonald House
20 March 2014 Agenda
1. Welcome Ollie and Ella as chair persons
2. Last Day Ideas
Notice for classes:
- Thursday Week 9
Meeting closed by Ollie at 12.02pm
1. Everyone clapped
2. These were councillors ideas
Pyjama Day x 2 =
Dress up day = 1
Toy Day = 3
Bad Hair Day =
Shared Lunch = 4
Water Day = 8 = 0 total
Vegetable Day =
Dress Up Day =
Bike Day =
Wheels Day =
Disco = 7 = 10 total
Rugby Day =
Card Board Box Day = 7 = 3 total
We will be having a disco on Friday, week 11. Info
Question: what can we fundraise for?
Student Councilor responsibilities
Nominations for Chair and Deputy
- Ollie - Chairman
- Ella - Deputy Chairwoman
Questions to survey our classes
1. What could we do to improve our school?
2. What could we do for Friday Fun Day?
Student Council Minutes 2013
Day - Wednesday 23 October
Present: Carter, Nick, Brock, Izak, Hannah, Ella, Lilly
Wacky Hair Day
- wear wacky hair
- Collect money around the classes
- Hairdressing at Interval in Activity Centre
- Prizes for best hair - Junior, Senior
- Ella, Carter.
Student Council Minutes Term 3 W 5
Present: Hamish, Rani, Lilly, Adam, Mitchell, Izak, Harriet, Nick, Carter,
Agenda - Lunchtime Activities
What can we organise at lunchtimes? Especially during wet days?
Relays - on the field,
Inside games in the Activity Centre,
Movie Club - DVDs Our own made movies, movie making club
Inside sports -activity centre
Angry birds club
Student Council Minutes Term 2 W 3
Present: Izak, Daniel, Hamish, Rani, Cassie, Lily, Lucy, Carter, Harry, Corban, Delta, Mitchel, Millie.
Agenda - House Challenge
Ideas for the First House Challenge
- sandcastle competition.
- tug of war competition
- Cross Country challenge - Mr H to talk with the Staff. Report back at the next meeting.
- baking competition
- Captains Coming
- obstacle course
- bike races
- eating competition - marshmallows etc
- soccer game
Other School Ideas
- wheels day. (Mr Herring to talk with the Staff about a day for the rest of the term.)
Milk in Schools
- council thinks it will be awesome!
- get some more books for councilors.
- present badges to the councillors.
Student Council Meeting Term 1 W5
End of Term Event
- Water fight. Balloons and water guns
- Athletics comp. house Olympics
- Lamb riding competition
- Rodeo. Fundraising. Competitions
- Dodgeballl competition
Competition for houses at lunchtime.
- Have a house with the shield and challengers
- having a group to welcome visitors. A welcome in assembly for new students
- Rules or guidleines for the tyre swing? It's a bit unsafe. Maybe a day for each class? Junior and a senior swing?
Student Council Minutes 2012
Date: 17 May 2012
Ben W named Chairman of the Council, year 5 reps as deputy.
1. Roll Call
2. Term 2 Fun Day
3. House Team Names
4. Other ideas
2. Day of free play, Wheels day, Disco / PJs (even teachers!), toys day, pj day, wipe out day, pet day, swimming day, horse jumping day, water day, paintball, bring and sell day, movies, camp at school, lollie scramble, beach trip with a treasure hunt, eating competition, sports day, water bombs at the teacher day, computer games day, lego day
Vote - wheels - 2
- disco / pj day - 8
- Toy day - 1
Term 2 Fun Day
- Morning tea and Lunch - disco with PJ dressups.
- senior and junior (3s can choose)
- gold coin donation to fundraise for Ronald McDonald House
3. House team names
- Bush, Suzzanne Prentice, Myross Bush school, Cowen, Shanks, Kerr,
4. Other ideas; these will be presented to the staff at their next meeting.
- Friday second ride your horse to school,
- chess tournament,
- rugby league tackle tournament at lunchtimes,
- wheels days on Fridays,
- more dump trucks for the sandpit,
- garden club tools, more buckets, more sand,
- have a tent at school,
- swimming pool at school,
- vending machines for lollies and students can earn tokens to get them.
- bigger field, maybe going to the paddock at lunchtimes
- having a trampoline
- making a statue
- milo in the clasrooms when it’s cold.
- coffee and fizzy day.