Sunshine Banana Muffins
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sweet white sorghum flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 large egg
1/8 cup olive oil
1 baked medium sweet potato
2 medium ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tins. This recipe only makes 6 muffins, so double it if you want more.
- Process the sunflower seeds in a food processor, just until they start to mix. They'll add some crunch to your muffins if you don't process them too much.
- Put the rest of the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt) in a mixing bowl, and whisk together. Whisk in the sunflower seeds.
- Put the egg, olive oil, sweet potatoes, and bananas in the food processor (no need to wash it in between) and beat until thoroughly mixed, about 2 minutes. Pour in the dry mixture and process until completely mixed.
- Drop batter into muffin tins with a large spoon.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until the outside just begins to brown and a knife inserted into the muffin comes out clean
Makes 6 muffins.
Find the original recipe on The Daily Dietribe.