For Removal/Reduction of Brown
I authorize ____________________, experienced and trained in the removal of brown spots and superficial spider veins, to perform the procedure. The light pulsed system will dramatically reduce darkly pigmented sunspots and spider veins. More than one laser session may be necessary to achieve desired results. However, other treatments, including skin care products, are often needed to blend color, reduce sun damage, and give the best results. The FDA has given the clearance for removal of brown spots, spider veins, and rosaccea.
The skin treated will be red and swollen with fine, thin scabs forming. Please keep the treated areas covered with Polysporin and Aquaphor until the thin scabs fall off. This process will take anywhere from 1-3 weeks. It could take as long as 3-6 months in some cases. Do not scratch the scabs, which can cause scarring.
We are unable to treat clients that are on ACCUTANE, and PHOTOSENSITIZING medications. Clients using ANTICOAGULANTS should be noted.
The following problems may occur with treatment:
Occasionally, unforeseen mechanical problems may occur and your appointment will need to be rescheduled. We will make every effort to notify you prior to your arrival to the office. Please be understanding if we cause you any inconvenience.
Signature: _____________________________ Date: ___________________
Technician: ____________________________ Date: ___________________
SKIN REJUVENATION, ROSACEA & VEINS, and
non-ABLATIVE WRINKLE WORK
Post Treatment Instructions:
1. Immediately after the treatments, you should apply an ice pack, as there may be mild swelling. It is normal for the treated area to feel like sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if needed. Avoid any trauma to the skin for up to 2-5 days, such as bathing with very hot water, strenuous exercise, or massage.
2. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin to achieve your best results. If any crusting, apply antibiotic cream. Some physicians recommend aloe vera gel or some other after sunburn treatment such as Desitin. Darker pigmented people may have more discomfort than lighter skin people and may require the aloe vera gel or an antibiotic ointment longer. Follow instructions as specified by your laser professional.
3. Makeup may be used after the treatment has quit swelling unless there is epidermal bleeding. It is recommended to use new makeup to reduce the possibility of infection. Keep the area moist. Any moisturizer without alpha-hydroxy acids will work.
4. You may shower after the laser treatments in tepid water. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry and NOT rubbed.
5. You will experience redness and bruising from five to fourteen days at the treatment. Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for 1-2 months and throughout the course of the treatment so as to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. Use sunscreen SPF 25 or higher at all times throughout the treatment when going outside.
6. Avoid tweezing, waxing, bleaching or chemical peels during the course of the treatment. Do not use any irritants such as Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide or astringents.
7. If work on the leg has been done, wear compression stockings for 48 hours and then during the day while on feet for up to two weeks.
8. Call your physician’s office with any questions or concerns you may have after the treatment