Singapore. Phone: +6582922744
- Mentoring, instruction and technical writing
- Facilitates interdepartmental communication between programmers and artist.
- Design and development of tools for artists.
- Scripting in Maxscript and Python.
- Modeling, VFX and rigging experience.
- Third-party tools research and evaluation.
- Communicates well with both artists and engineers.
- Reputation as the "go to" guy for anything technical art.
- Unity (Basic)
- Da Vinci Engine(In-House)
- Torque Game Engine Advanced
- Neo Axis Game Engine
- Python Web Programming
Mar, 2013 - Current
- Debugging and Performance analysis on Xbox and PS3 using in-house tools and PIX/GPad.
- Writing tools to help artist with easy first pass debugging within 3ds max including memory budget analysis and performance costs.
- Support artist with usual day to day tasks and firefighting issues.
- Provide art team with prototyping solution to fix various in-game issue involving art and design.
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag for Xbox360, PS3 and PC.
- Unannounced Next Gen project for PS4, XboxOne
Sep, 2010 - Mar, 2013
Sr.Technical Artist Sep, 2010-Mar,2013
- Support Artists with day to day issues with script, tutorials, new methods etc.
- Analyze and write documentation/tutorials for artists from data provided by the client.
- Write script that QA script that ensure proper asset delivery to the client and help artist debugging/correcting issues occurred during production.
- Mentor and provide assistance to junior TA's and set guidelines for work.
- Jump to any TA role as required by the projects.
- Major Projects Worked on:
- Create pipeline for custom lighting solution for in-house game engine using Mental Ray Maya creating lightmaps and light probes for dynamic character lighting.
- Create Main Character VFX and Enemy combat VFX.
- This is an in-house web based and in application tool used to check the technical quality of work that goes out of the company. Every asset delivery to the client has to pass the check specified at the start of the project by the QA as per clients requirements.
- Art – Directors can also provide artistic feedback to using the tool.
- The tool can also be used by artist to speed up workflow.
- Majority of the tool is written in Python including the web application and also uses custom plugins, maxscript etc.
- This tool is used across all the locations/branches of Virtuos.
- Many more project under NDA.
Sep, 2006 - Aug, 2010
Sr.Technical Artist Feb 2010- Aug 2010
- Adapt, develop and manage Art pipeline for Nintendo DS.
- Mentor team on process, drawback and restrictions of Nintendo DS.
- Build scripts to debug art issues in advance to avoid back and forth between the programming and art team and avoid bugs and issues at an earlier stage.
Technical Artist / Level Editor 2007-Feb 2010
- Develop and manage Art pipeline for Torque Game engine.
- Identify and address any need for, and implementation of , pipeline tools and/or scripts on the fly.
- Establish and manage content creation rules and resolve drawback with old pipelines.
- Modeling and designing levels in game.
- Mentoring artist on new techniques and shortcuts to produce art quick, maintaining the quality.
- Specializing in MaxScript and bridging the artist/programmer divide.
3D Generalist , August 2006 — August 2007
- Modeling, Rigging and Technical Art assistance for Outsourcing projects.
- Creating Vehicle Mod for Need For Speed- Most Wanted for company demo.
- Evaluate game engines art pipeline for future projects. Evaluated Torque Game Engine Advanced and NeoAxis Game Engine.
- Mentor and Lead junior artist for pilot project for Ashes 2009- IRGuru.
- Bachelor of Commerce 2003-2006
- Osmania University, Hyderabad.