2.1.1 We collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Your browser's User Agent: A User Agent is a short string that web browsers and other applications send to identify themselves to web servers;
- We collect personal data about you such as your family names, first names, email address, and phone numbers, limited to what you have agreed to tell the Site in order particularly to create your Account at www.sentimonitor.com;
2.1.2 We provide you with tools and account settings to access and modify some of the personally identifiable information you provided to us and associated with your account. For example, you may access and modify your phone number, company and position.
2.1.3 We use your personal information only for providing you with better services on the Site. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, We do use your email address to send you promotional material, such as our Monthly newsletter.
We use your Personal Information:
- to administer your account and provide you services, to send communications and
administrative emails, to respond to your inquiries, and to send marketing and product update messages to those who opt-in for such messages;
- to allow you to benefit from the Services offered by Sentimonitor;
- to improve the quality of the Site, of the Services, and of the functionality of the Services;
- to provide you personalized service;
- to manage the Site internally;
- to understand our visitors better in order to help satisfy them;
- to let us identify you in order to contact you;
- with your consent,, to contact you by email/SMS/post with information about our Services and/or contests.
-- if it is required by a mandatory legal judicial order, in which case we will notify you immediatelly,
If you no longer wish to receive commercial marketing information from us, you can at any time unsubscribe from our list by clicking on the link at the bottom of every promotional emails.
Sentimonitor may share your personal data:
1. We may be required by law enforcement, government administrators, and/or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information. We will disclose personally identifiable information upon receipt of a court order, or if required to co-operate with law enforcement, administrative or other governmental agencies. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that We in good faith believe to be unlawful.
2. We may also share your personal information with:
- Our service providers who help with Our business operations and employees on a need-to-know basis.
- Third parties to whom you explicitly ask Us to send your information or you consent to and are notified when using a specific service.
- Business entities, if We plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, should such a change in control occur.
We undertake not to retain your personal data longer than the length of time necessary to manage the commercial relationship or the time required by specific legislation.
In the event that your account becomes inactive, the personal data associated with your account will be / may be automatically deleted after three years, except for that data which we would need to preserve as proof, for legal or administrative needs, or in order to comply with applicable legislation.
We can deposit information about how your computer navigates our site onto your computer, by storing data files on it. These files are called “Cookies.”
We only use three types:
- Functional Cookies to make sure our site functions;
- Statistical Cookies to measure the audience on our site;
- Marketing Cookies, targeted marketing support, coming from third parties.
The marketing Cookies require your explicit consent, which is why we request your consent for them to be deposited on your computer, and on your first visit to our site.
In compliance with the recommendations of the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés, Cookies are not preserved longer than 13 months after their first deposit in the User's terminal equipment. At the end of this time period, they are deleted, and consent, if needed, will be sought anew.
To do that, Users may follow the following recommendations:
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to the “Tools” menu, and then to “Options”; - Click on the “Privacy” icon; - Locate the “Cookies” subsection and select the options that suit the User.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Go to the “Tools” menu, and then to “Internet Options”;
- Click on the “Privacy” tab;
- Select the preferred level using the slider.
However, users are informed that it is possible that after having blocked cookies, certain pages on the Site will no longer be available to them.
5.1 We use commercially reasonable methods to keep personally identifiable information securely in Our files and systems. We do not handle your Instagram passwords directly. We use Instagram's API and OAuth 2.0 protocol to authorize Our users.
5.2 Our databases are secured with passwords to guard against unauthorized access of Our systems. Only engineer staff members may access data on a need-to-know basis. We also use third party security services against malicious attacks such as SQL injection and denial of service (DOS) attacks. Information about Our user’s IP addresses and User Agents are automatically deleted in less than two weeks.
Sentimonitor maintains the confidentiality of your personal data. Sentimonitor uses technology, which is secure to industry standard to protect the content and the privacy of Users. All Sentimonitor staff have a duty to respect User confidentiality. A confidentiality obligation is included in every employment contract of Sentimonitor, employees who have access to the personal data, as well as in those with its subcontractors.
Last modified: July 25, 2016