Paul T Jobson
Loudoun County, Virginia
Markup Language: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
Server Platforms: Linux, OpenBSD, Solaris
Web Servers: Apache, NGINX
Tools: Jira, Splunk, Confluence, grunt, gulp, Sublime, vim, VMWare ESXi
Condé Nast / The New Yorker, New York, NY (Remote)
Software Engineer III (February 2017 – November 2017)
- Full stack development in React and Node.js for redevelopment of The New Yorker property.
- Development of various components and pages for The New Yorker post re-launch.
- Development of tools for legacy system integration.
Consulting, Reston, VA
Senior Consultant (September 2016-January 2017)
- Consulted for small government contractor and telecommunications companies in Reston.
- Created RESTful TypeScript API interfaces for SIP telephone trunking to provide VoIP services.
Folio Investing, McLean, VA
Senior Programmer (December 2014 – August 2016)
- Front-end AngularJS 1.x with SASS.
- Create and migrate applications from JSTL pages on Java/Spring to a SPA using AngularJS and a Java API.
- Institutional Trade Center - Development of entire institutional (B2B) trade center.
- Items for Attention - Document center for customers to review items and alerts pertaining to their account.
- Private Placements - Developed a trading center for investment opportunities for small businesses.
- Build out of node modules in MEAN stack environment utilizing TypeScript.
Vacation, Anytown, USA
Tourist (February 2014 - November 2014)
- To answer the question: What were you doing in 2014?
- IAD → SFO → PDX → SFO → AUS → STL → IAD → TPA → IAD → AUS → JAX → IAD
Time Warner Cable, Herndon, VA
Senior Engineer - Software & Operations (April 2008 – February 2014)
- Redevelopment of Road Runner search from Perl XML/XSLT to an SPA utilizing jQuery and jQote2 templating.
- Search log analysis with Splunk using Node.js with Mongo as a caching tier for decentralizing individual search queries to generalized region based for customer privacy purposes.
- RoadRunner DNS Redirect redevelopment of PHP source, re-coding of HTML templates to allow different customer divisions to have different experiences.
- Road Runner Search redevelopment of existing mod_perl/XLST source code along with re-coding HTML templates for several design updates. Migration of code from Solaris to CentOS.
- Development of general ColdFusion widgets on the Road Runner portal.
RTCRM, Inc., Georgetown, Washington, DC
Senior Web Developer (February 2007 – April 2008)
- Rapid prototyping then full lifecycle development of the corporate extranet/document management portal for client and internal project management.
- Responsible for updates and redevelopment of the RTCRM public site
AOL, Dulles, VA
Program Manager / Interactive Media Developer (September 2003 – March 2006)
- Responsible for Enhanced Search Widget management with local and offshore teams
- Developed search widgets with AJAX and pre-AJAX technologies as well as AOL proprietary technology
- General project management of continued widget development for AOL India
- Lead technical developer for DMOZ/ODP, transitioned work from AOL Search into the hands of the DMOZ editor community
- Developed ImagePress, a web tool for dynamically caching and thumbnailing images
- Created a search query change notification tool.
Contracting, DC Metro Area
Web Programming Contractor (January 1998 – January 2007)
- Contracted for various companies in the DC Metro Area including: Siteworx, Sprint/NEXTEL, Verisign, Freddie Mac, Broadwing, The Global Tele-Exchange, SAIC, Investigative Group International, and Boeing.
- Responsible for creating prototypes and development of client web pages.
- Maintenance and deployments of client sites and applications.
- Customer support for client products.
- Internal tool development such as: intranets, extranets, deployments, logging, etc.
Osborne, McGraw, Hill