Paul T Jobson
Loudoun County, Virginia
Markup Language: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
Server Platforms: Linux (Mint, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE), OpenBSD, Solaris, OS X Server
Web Servers: Apache, NGINX
Tools: Jira, Splunk, Confluence, grunt, gulp, Sublime, vim
Condé Nast / The Newyorker
Software Engineer III (February 2017 – Present)
Dev Technology, Reston, VA
Senior Consultant (October 2016 – December 2016)
Folio Investing, McLean, VA
Senior Programmer (December 2014 – August 2016)
- Front-end AngularJS 1.x with SAS.
- Create and migrate applications from JSTL pages on Java/Spring to a SPA using AngularJS and a Java API.
- Institutional Trade Center - Development of entire institutional (B2B) trade center.
- Items for Attention - Document center for customers to review items and alerts pertaining to their account.
- Private Placements - Developed a trading center for investment opportunities for small businesses.
- Build out of node modules in MEAN stack environment utilizing TypeScript.
Vacation, Anytown, USA
Tourist (February 2014 - November 2014)
- To answer the question: What were you doing in 2014?
- IAD → SFO → PDX → SFO → AUS → STL → IAD → TPA → IAD → AUS → JAX → IAD
Time Warner Cable, Herndon, VA
Senior Engineer - Software & Operations (April 2008 – February 2014)
- Redevelopment of Road Runner search from Perl XML/XSLT to an SPA utilizing jQuery and jQote2 templating.
- Search log analysis with Splunk using Node.js with Mongo as a caching tier for decentralizing individual search queries to generalized region based for customer privacy purposes.
- Road Runner DNS Redirect redevelopment of PHP source, recoding of HTML templates to allow different customer divisions to have different experiences.
- Road Runner Search redevelopment of existing mod_perl/XLST source code along with re-coding HTML templates for several design updates. Migration of code from Solaris to CentOS.
- Development of general ColdFusion widgets on the Road Runner portal.
RTCRM, Inc., Georgetown, Washington, DC
Senior Web Developer (February 2007 – April 2008)
- Rapid prototyping then full lifecycle development of the corporate extranet/document management portal for client and internal project management.
- Responsible for updates and redevelopment of the RTCRM public site
AOL (Search & Directional Media), Dulles, VA
Program Manager / Interactive Media Developer (September 2003 – March 2006)
- Responsible for Enhanced Search Widget management with local and offshore teams
- Developed search widgets with AJAX and pre-AJAX technologies as well as AOL proprietary technology
- General project management of continued widget development for AOL India
- Lead technical developer for DMOZ/ODP, transitioned work from AOL Search into the hands of the DMOZ editor community
- Developed ImagePress, a web tool for dynamically caching and thumbnailing images
- Created a search query change notification tool
Siteworx, Inc., Reston, VA (November 2006 – January 2007)
Sprint/NEXTEL, Reston, VA (March 2006 – May 2006)
VeriSign, Inc., Dulles, VA (June 2003 – September 2003)
Freddie Mac, McLean, VA (January 2001 – September 2001)
Broadwing, Inc., Reston, VA (June 2000 – October 2000)
The Global Tele-Exchange, McLean, VA (December 1999 – May 2000)
SAIC, McLean, VA (March 1999 – April 1999)
Investigative Group International, Inc., Washington, DC (October 1998 – February 1999)
Boeing Information Systems, Inc., Vienna, VA (May 1998 – July 1998)
- Responsible for creating prototypes and development of client web pages.
- Maintenance and deployments of client sites and applications.
- Customer support for client products.
- Internal tool development such as: intranets, extranets, deployments, logging, etc.
- There used to be more bullet points here, but honestly who really cares what I was doing 10+ years ago?
Osborne, McGraw, Hill