Paul T. Jobson
Loudoun County, Virginia
ISO: Generalist Role - coding | research | mentorships | documentation | planning
Platforms: Linux (RHE, Debian, Ubuntu) | AWS EC2 | Docker
Leadership: Cross-Training | Mentorship | Process Documentation | Project Management
The Cyrenaics Foundation Sterling, VA / Remote / On-Site
Managing Partner / Generalist (June 2019 - Present)
- Create strategy and document process for conversion to a purely volunteer BOD membership role.
- Provide managerial IT support for micro 501(c)(3) including: website creation and deployment, form creation for various initiatives, creation of process documentation, sourcing designers/developers/etc, physical hardware setup, CI/CD process documentation, creation of forms and such integrated with the G-Suite ecosystem, and other aspects of the business.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to achieve our goals and objectives, in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, volunteers, community partners, and other supporters to advance our mission and secure the resources necessary to sustain our programs and services.
- Lead and motivate a team of both staff and volunteers to deliver high-quality programs and services, and foster a culture of teamwork, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and best practices in the non-profit sector, and maintain effective internal controls and risk management processes.
DGS/ST Engineering Remote DC Metro Area
Contract Software/Test Engineer (March 2021 - August 2022)
- Worked in the Radio Frequency (RF) spectrum space including: FRS, LMR, 4G, 5G, DVB-S/DVB-S2/DVB-S2X, short wave, etc.
- Led the migration process from Protractor to Cypress for a large-scale web application, resulting in a 40% reduction in test execution time and improved test stability.
- Analysis and documentation of the existing Protractor test suite, identified potential challenges and opportunities for improvement during the migration.
- Developed a comprehensive migration plan, including timeline, milestones, and risk assessment, ensuring a smooth transition from Protractor to Cypress.
- Conducted extensive testing to validate the migrated test suite, ensuring that all test cases were successfully executed and produced accurate results.
- Provided training and guidance to an internship team on utilizing the Cypress framework effectively, enabling them to create and maintain automated tests independently.
- Created process and documentation for: integrating Cypress into the existing CI, migrating test scripts, running Cypress via WSL2 (https://1tn.org/qxgwk), SOP for development best practices, and requirements for deployment of release notes.
- Managed SCRUM master responsibilities for a department's interns including: training, pair programming, time management, Jira ticket management, analysis of back-log issues, creation of new issues and tasks, liaison support between interns and management.
- Improved organization of daily scrum meetings, reducing time from approximately 1-2 hours to 15 minutes per meeting. This netted a savings of approximately $250K in wasted engineering time per year. This was accomplished mainly through an ELMO initiative to reduce lengthy A/B conversations.
- Created an experiment, test, and process for utilizing large size AWS EC2 Linux instances in multi-user configurations rather than single medium EC2 instances per engineer, as a cost saving mechanism.
- Angular 9/10 with Material and D3 for development of RF spectrum analyzation platform, providing spectrum analysis, LMR (Land Mobile Radio) Demodulation, alerting, and mapping using the Mapbox API.
- Worked closely with UX/UI designers to implement responsive and accessible user interfaces that provide seamless user experiences.
Patrocinium Systems Herndon, VA
Contract Full Stack Engineer (August 2020 - November 2020)
- Deployed, maintained, and optimized applications on AWS platform (EC2, S3, Lambda) and Kubernetes deployment tools.
- Developed simple user experiences for interactions in crisis situations.
- Utilized microservice architecture and design and working with message bus architecture using Kafka.
Gravy Analytics / Venntel Sterling, VA
Angular Web Application Developer (March 2018 - September 2020)
- Full lifecycle development of mapping portal software using AngularJS and Google Maps followed by Angular 5/6/7 and MapBox.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to gather requirements and create user stories for their government side clients.
- Defined and developed useful features for customers such as: MGRS to Lat/Long conversion, batch inputs, map measurement tools, IP address lookup, weight based sorting, etc.
- General security audit testing between Angular application and middleware tier resulting in creation and closure of various serious permissions issues.
- Assisted in development of middleware tier utilizing MongoDB, Express, and Node.js, interfacing with a Java AP deployed into EC2 linux instances.
- Work directly with Scrum Master in creating best practices for CI/CD: development, deployment, gitlab management, and code review practices.
Contracting Remote DC Metro Area
Software Engineer (September 2016 - November 2017)
- Consulted for a small government contractor and telecommunications companies in Reston. Created RESTful TypeScript API interfaces for SIP telephone trunking to provide VoIP services.
- Condé Nast / The New Yorker - Full stack development in React and Node.js for redevelopment of The New Yorker. Development of various components and pages for The New Yorker post re-launch. Development of tools for legacy system integration.
Folio Investing McLean, VA
Senior Programmer (December 2014 – August 2016)
- Created and migrated applications from JSTL pages on Java/Spring to a SPA using AngularJS and a Java API. Institutional Trade Center: Development of institutional (B2B) mutual fund trade center. Items for Attention: Document center for customers to review items and alerts pertaining to their account. Private Placements: Developed a trading center for investment opportunities for small businesses. Development of Node.JS modules in MEAN stack environment utilizing TypeScript.
Time Warner Cable Herndon, VA
Senior Engineer - Software & Operations (April 2008 – February 2014)
- Development of Time Warner Cable's search properties: RoadRunner Search, DNS Redirect, and RoadRunner Toolbar. Initially utilizing Perl and PHP, XML/XSTL, on Apache/Solaris, later completely redeveloping both applications to Single Page Applications (SPA) utilizing jQuery and jQote2 templating on Centos Linux.
- Search log analysis with Splunk using Node.js with MongoDB as a caching tier for decentralizing individual search queries to generalized regions based for customer privacy purposes.
RTCRM, Inc. Washington, DC
Senior Web Developer (February 2007 – April 2008)
AOL Dulles, VA
Program Manager / Interactive Media Developer (September 2003 – March 2006)
- Responsible for Enhanced Search Widget management with local and offshore teams. Developed search widgets with AJAX and pre-AJAX technologies as well as AOL proprietary technology. Lead technical developer for DMOZ/ODP, transitioned work from AOL Search to the DMOZ editor community. Developed a web tool for dynamically caching and thumbnailing images.
Contracting DC Metro Area
Web Programming Contractor (January 1998 – January 2007)
- Contracted for various companies in the DC Metro Area including: Sprint/NEXTEL, Verisign, Freddie Mac, Broadwing, The Global Tele-Exchange, SAIC, Investigative Group International, and Boeing.
- Responsible for creating prototypes and development of client web pages.
- Maintenance and deployments of client sites and applications.
- Internal tool development such as: intranets, extranets, deployments, logging, etc.
Volunteering DC Metro Area
- General web technologist support for a women's clinic including: web site CMS setup, DNS hosting and setup, web hosting, and any other general technical issues.
Open Source Code, Technical Writing, and Tutorials
this.resume = ‘https://goo.gl/4gucq6’;