Paul T. Jobson
Loudoun County, Virginia
ISO: Permanent Team Lead Role - coding | research | mentorships | documentation | planning
Platforms: Various Linux Distributions | AWS EC2 | Docker
Managing Partner Sterling, VA
Cyrenaics (August 2022 - Present)
- Provide managerial IT support for micro 501(c)(3) including: website creation and deployment, form creation for various initiatives, creation of process documentation, sourcing designers, and other aspects of the business.
Contracting Remote DC Metro Area
Software Engineer (March 2021 - August 2022)
- Contracted for companies in the Radio Frequency (RF) spectrum space including: FRS, LMR, 4G, 5G, DVB-S/DVB-S2/DVB-S2X, short wave, etc.
- Managed SCRUM master responsibilities for a department's internship including: training, pair programming, time management, Jira ticket management, analysis of back-log issues, creation of new issues and tasks, liaison support between developers and management.
- Improved organization of daily scrum meetings, reducing time from old methodology from approximately 1-2 hours to 10-30 minutes.
- Created documentation (SOP) for development best practices and processes. Created process for doing release notes for ongoing software changes, creating the process for distribution of release notes.
- Led an initiative to migrate from Protractor to Cypress testing suites, worked with interns on the migration, worked on the process for integrating Cypress into our existing CI.
- Angular 9/10 with Material and D3 for development of RF spectrum analyzation platform, providing spectrum analysis, LMR (Land Mobile Radio) Demodulation, alerting, and mapping using the Mapbox API.
- Work directly with outsource contractors, providing code support and documentation of their work. Successfully transitioned code from outsource team to local team.
Gravy Analytics / Venntel Sterling, VA
Angular Web Application Developer (March 2018 - September 2020)
- Full lifecycle development of mapping portal software using AngularJS and Google Maps followed by Angular 5/6/7 and MapBox.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to gather requirements and create user stories for their government side clients.
- Solely define and develop useful features for customers such as: MGRS to Lat/Long conversion, batch inputs, map measurement tools, IP address lookup, weight based sorting, etc.
- General security audit testing between Angular application and middleware tier resulting in creation and closure of various serious permissions issues.
- Work directly with Scrum Master in creating best practices for CI/CD: development, deployment, gitlab management, and code review practices.
Contracting Remote DC Metro Area
Software Engineer (September 2016 - November 2017)
- Consulted for a small government contractor and telecommunications companies in Reston. Created RESTful TypeScript API interfaces for SIP telephone trunking to provide VoIP services.
- Condé Nast / The New Yorker - Full stack development in React and Node.js for redevelopment of The New Yorker. Development of various components and pages for The New Yorker post re-launch. Development of tools for legacy system integration.
Folio Investing McLean, VA
Senior Programmer (December 2014 – August 2016)
- Create and migrate applications from JSTL pages on Java/Spring to a SPA using AngularJS and a Java API. Institutional Trade Center: Development of institutional (B2B) mutual fund trade center. Items for Attention: Document center for customers to review items and alerts pertaining to their account. Private Placements: Developed a trading center for investment opportunities for small businesses. Development of Node.JS modules in MEAN stack environment utilizing TypeScript.
Time Warner Cable Herndon, VA
Senior Engineer - Software & Operations (April 2008 – February 2014)
- Development of Time Warner Cable's search properties: RoadRunner Search, DNS Redirect, and RoadRunner Toolbar. Initially utilizing Perl and PHP, XML/XSTL, on Apache/Solaris, later completely redeveloping both applications to Single Page Applications (SPA) utilizing jQuery and jQote2 templating on Centos Linux.
- Search log analysis with Splunk using Node.js with Mongo as a caching tier for decentralizing individual search queries to generalized regions based for customer privacy purposes.
RTCRM, Inc. Washington, DC
Senior Web Developer (February 2007 – April 2008)
AOL Dulles, VA
Program Manager / Interactive Media Developer (September 2003 – March 2006)
- Responsible for Enhanced Search Widget management with local and offshore teams. Developed search widgets with AJAX and pre-AJAX technologies as well as AOL proprietary technology. Lead technical developer for DMOZ/ODP, transitioned work from AOL Search to the DMOZ editor community. Developed a web tool for dynamically caching and thumbnailing images.
Contracting DC Metro Area
Web Programming Contractor (January 1998 – January 2007)
- Contracted for various companies in the DC Metro Area including: Sprint/NEXTEL, Verisign, Freddie Mac, Broadwing, The Global Tele-Exchange, SAIC, Investigative Group International, and Boeing.
- Responsible for creating prototypes and development of client web pages.
- Maintenance and deployments of client sites and applications.
- Internal tool development such as: intranets, extranets, deployments, logging, etc.
Writing and Tutorial Examples
this.resume = ‘https://goo.gl/4gucq6’;