Neighbour 2 Neighbour Townsville
…Learning to love your Neighbour as yourself…
Job description- Team Leader
- Watch the briefing video on the webpage.
- Work with your N2N Liaison Officer to fill your team with volunteers
(You can ask us to fill your team for you)
- The two homes that you will be helping will be allocated to you via email at least 10 days before the event. Once you have the homes.
- Download the “Pre-event form” from your email link.
- Arrange a time to visit the family before the event date
- Consult the family as to what jobs need to be done and in what priority
- Decide what can be completed on the day within a 3 hour period
- Identify the tools and equipment needed to carry out the work
- Identify any Risks or Hazards associated with the work
- Make a plan to dispose of any green waste
- Record all this information on the Job Sheet and then update the form on the web page via your email link.
- Report any difficulties to your N2N Liaison Officer
- Download the “On the Day Form”
- Collect the tools and equipment needed to carry out the work
- Meet with your team at the Briefing Centre.
- Ensure team members have seen a copy of the Volunteer Guidelines
- Introduce all members of the team to the family
- Make clear to the family that the team will offer up to three hours of service
- Emphasise to the family that the team will not be doing any professional trade work on fixtures or fittings of the house
- Emphasise to the family that all household rubbish will be left in their Council bins. Green waste will be removed by the team
- Delegate specific responsibilities to each team member
- Promote teamwork and a cheerful attitude
- Communicate regularly with the family while there
- Sign off on the Job Sheet, which details the jobs that have been completed and identifies any other potential jobs that are required.
- Ensure that the entire team leaves together after saying goodbye to the family
- Submit completed Job sheet to your N2N Liaison Officer.
- Return tools and equipment
- Report any incidences to your Church/Organisation leader
- Share stories and photos with your Church/Organisation
N2N Organising Committee
for The Combined Churches of Townsville
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.n2n.churchin.org.au
Issued – May 2012
Updated – April 2013