April 28, 2017
- Morning duty next week: Mr. Beshears, Mr. Green, Ms. Martin, Ms. Qualls, Ms. Wackerly, Ms. Weaver
- Advisory duty: Coach Weaver, Coach Long, Coach Denison, Coach Johnston
- Ms. Henley, Coach Weaver and Coach Johnston will be out today.
Thought for the Day: No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Spring Choir Concert tonight at 6:30 in the auditorium. “Listen to the Music” is the theme.
- Any student interested in running for a class representative on Student Council for the next school year must meet in the library at the beginning of advisory on Monday. This is a mandatory meeting. If you do not attend the meeting, you will not be allowed to run for a representative.
- Tutoring Monday after school in Ms. Davis’ room, 3:30-4:30.
- The winners of this year's ARCare Academic Challenge are Carly Mosier and Trinidy Campbell. They will be traveling to Oxford, Mississippi on today. Congratulations!
- A tennis sign up is in the office for anyone interested entering grades 9-12 next school year. A physical is required as well as a good GPA. You may contact Coach Kristie Jenkins for more information firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 GIRLS DOUBLES STATE CHAMPIONS
- Any student in high school or junior high who is interested in playing for our high school golf team needs to email Coach Watson and let him know of your interest. There will be summer practices.You will need to get a physical before you can participate. And you do have to be at least in the 9th grade to participate in a competitive high school match, but we will welcome 7th and 8th graders to practice with us. Email address is email@example.com
- Students interested in the medical field should consider White River Medical Center's summer Volunteen Program. Must have a C average and commit to at least 4 hours of service per week (5 week-program) from July 10th –August 11th. Mrs. Rich emailed the application to students and is due by May 19th.
- An ACT(r) prep boot camp will be hosted by UACCB this summer in preparation for the June ACT(r).Information was emailed to all 10th & 11th graders. See Mrs. Rich if you have any questions.
- Any FFA Student who wants to be an officer for the 17-18 school year please see Mr. Green for information. Interviews will be held on Monday, May 1st at 7pm in Ag room.
- US Senator Boozman is taking applications for a new Congressional Youth Cabinet which will expose students to the legislative process and provide an opportunity to share ideas about solving current issues facing young Americans. This opportunity is for current sophomores who hold at least a 2.0 GPA and have a strong commitment to personal growth and continued success within their community. Mrs. Rich emailed the application to all sophomores.
- ARcare will be offering a free one time athletic physical on May 2-3 in the gym. Pick up a form from your coach to be completed.
- District Art Show & EAST night out will be Tuesday, May 9th at the Southside High School. 6:00-7:30pm
- The return date for sophomores and juniors for chromes, chargers and cases is May 11.
- Lunch menu today: Pizza, Parmesan Chicken Sandwich, Buffalo Chicken Calzone, Salad Bar, Taco Bar
Breakfast today: Biscuits & Gravy, Mini Waffles, Cereal, Oatmeal Bar
Breakfast Monday: Pancakes, Sausage Biscuit, Cereal, Oatmeal Bar