February 22, 2017
- Morning duty: Beshears, Green, Martin, A. Qualls, Wackerly, A, Weaver
- Advisory duty: Coach Long, Coach Johnston, Coach Qualls, Coach Simpson, Coach Denison
- Mr. Green & Ms. Wackerly will be out today. Dr. Mobley & Coach Edwards will be out 6 & 7th periods.
Thought for the Day: One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar. Helen Keller
- Congrats to Madelyn Cannon and Destiny Sharp for earning All-State honors at the 5A-4A State Bowling Tournament. Madelyn finished 7th and Destiny finished 12th overall out of 81 bowlers.
- Bowling team members need to turn in their shirts to Coach Denison ASAP.
- There will be a Stopit! Assembly this Friday from 10-11 in the auditorium. Reminder: no drinks allowed in the auditorium.
- Any JUNIOR who is interested in taking the EMT course as a Senior during the 2017-2018 school year needs to please sign up in the counselor’s office. This program will allow you to earn a starting salary at around $35k per year right after graduating high school.
- Tutoring today in Ms. Davis’ room, 3:30-4:30.
- MASH - Any 10th or 11th grader who is interested in health careers is encouraged to apply to the two week MASH program at WRMC. Selected students get to experience first hand the various aspects of health care. Email or see Mrs. Rich for application and information.
- Lyon College is hosting an Outdoor & ACT Prep Camp on June 4-7. The camp fee of $300 includes test instruction, room, meals and all activities. Info at lyon.edu/ACTcamp Email or see Mrs. Rich for more information.
- The EAST programs are selling the Mazzio's discount cards for $5 from now until spring break.***they do expire in 6 roughly months this year. The expiration date is 9-1-17. If you would like to purchase some email me and we can send some over for you or see any EAST student.
- Southside Choir Department will be producing the musical "Oklahoma" this spring. Rehearsals will be on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6-8:30.
- Winterfest Talent Show on Saturday, February 25 is posted on the office window. Winterfest royalty will be introduced first and talent show will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Juniors and Seniors Prom night is quickly approaching. Please purchase your prom tickets before the deadline of March 10. (We must have an accurate count to turn into Mrs. Davis at Chimney Rock!) Please pay attention to the dress code when preparing for this event. Boys: Tux, or dress slacks, or black/dark jeans, button up shirt with tie and tucked in, dress boots or shoes; Girls: formal dress, or nice church dress, or dress slacks with dressy blouse, dress shoes. See Mrs. Kimmer or Mrs. Dowdy to purchase your tickets soon.
- ALL seniors need to turn in a baby picture for the senior video to Mrs. Miller (113). It can be turned in digitally or a paper copy -- write your full name clearly on the back. A digital copy may be emailed to Mrs. Miller.
- Student Council members are selling candy bars in a variety bag for $1 each to try and help members pay for the state conference.
- Southside's 2017 prom will be Friday, March 17 at Chimney Rock Cattle Company in Concord. Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased from Mrs. Kimmer or Mrs. Dowdy.
- Get your yearbook ordered today! Forms for the yearbook are located in the front office.
- Lunch menu today: Chicken Patty/Spicy Chicken Patty, Meatloaf, Baked Ham, Garden Fresh Salad Bar, Baked Potato Bar
Breakfast today: Lemon Roll, Egg & Cheese Bagel, Cereal, Oatmeal Bar
Breakfast tomorrow: Sausage Pancake on a Stick, Fruit & Yogurt Parfait, Cereal, Oatmeal Bar