CFW STEM October Meeting Agenda/Minutes
10/25/16, 6:30 PM Greve Hall 4th floor lecture room
Type of Meeting: General Body
Meeting Facilitator: Mallory
Invitees: All members
- CALL TO ORDER & ATTENDANCE
- Brooke Carter to advertise Pumpkin Drop, look on our Facebook Page for more details. Friday Oct 28, 4 ish. Pipeline is co-sponsor, and you should dress up. Let Mal know if you wanna volunteer!
- Knox County School Demo show: call for volunteers - Carter HS, 9:00 - 11:30 AM 11/8/16 (Election Day)
- OFFICER REPORTS
- Data and Statistics Update (Reed): Getting admissions data for undergrad and grad students from UTK and compare to Top 25 Universities (available), Goal is to summarize data and make a poster for Symposium in Spring
- Elections in November - Jayde: contact Jayde at email@example.com if interested in running for a position!
Pins, percentage days, and T-shirt fundraisers; status of SPAC funding request - Bethany and Nick: Received SPAC funding, $5500! One more large grant we’re applying for this month.
Symposium update - Mallory: Mae Jemison invited as Keynote (thanks Ishita), panelist list in development (thanks Megan), working budget complete. Venue options: McClung Museum, Baker Center, Alumni Memorial Hall, Plant Biotech Bldg.
Ideas for future meetings - Alex planning November’s meeting, contact Jayde with future ideas!
- CALL FOR NEW BUSINESS
Jasmine presented “Donate a Photo” App by Johnson&Johnson. Use hashtag #DAPUUT and J&J will donate $1 to cause of user’s choice. More info: www.donatephoto.com
- GROUP DISCUSSION
- Anne Turner and Adeola Adediran, two STEM graduate students, led a discussion about pregnancy and motherhood during graduate school; summary will be posted on our website!
- SUBCOMMITTEE BREAKOUT (5-10 min)