IN BRIEF: The 3rd Annual Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Retreat: “Through the postdoc...and beyond!” - May 26th
The Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) formally invites all Hopkins, NIH-Bayview, and UMD postdocs to attend our 3rd Annual Postdoctoral Retreat on May 26th.
During a full-day of professional development, we will feature:
- Mary Woolley and Brian Malow as plenary speakers
- Four informative breakout/workshop sessions
- Opportunities for postdocs to present their work and win travel awards!
Registration & abstract submission are now open! We invite all postdocs to submit an abstract. Following peer review, the top five abstracts will be selected for oral presentations; other abstracts will be considered for poster presentations. Judged on-site, the best scientific presentations (both oral and poster) will be awarded travel awards to be used for a future conference! Abstracts will be accepted until April 26th at 5:00 pm.
For more information & registration details: Visit our retreat website!
Upcoming JHPDA Events
International Committee Meeting, Tue., March 29th
Industry Careers Workshop Series, Thu., April 7th
Industry Careers Workshop Series is a four part series of participatory workshops developed at NIH for individuals with Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate in biological sciences, who are considering a career in the industry. Featuring Brad Fackler, MBA, Industry Career Advisor, Office of Intramural Training at NIH, this workshop will be open to all.
When: Thursday, April 7, 10:00 - 3:00 pm
Where: Mountcastle Auditorium, PCTB(Campus Map)
Sponsored by: ASCB, JHPDA, GSA and JHM-PDCO
**Breakfast and lunch and provided to registered participants.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development and Careers Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
- March 29th: BCI Internship Preview– ASBMB Outreach Internship.
- March 30th: PDCO Networking Symposium. Details and registration here
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures - Commercialization Academy (details here)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Offers graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- Submit your application for the SciFinder future leaders program. Due April 10th (details) (posted 3/28)
- Allied Minds, a publicly traded early-stage venture firm is seeking applicants for the Allied Minds Fellows Program. The fellows will provide support to our investment team and portfolio companies. (details) Deadline April 15
- Register for the writing and career development workshop, organized by the NIH in Baltimore on May 11th (details) (posted 3/28)
- Share your idea for the next big health app at Hopkins inHealth Shark Tank and win $5000. One page summary due on April 20th (details) (posted 3/28)
- 2016 Lasker Essay Contest now open; engages scientists and clinicians in discussion about the big questions in biology and medicine; details here
- Biotech and Healthcare Case Competition: solve business problems in the biotech/healthcare industry; applications due 3/23; details here
- Baltimore Under Ground Science Space (BUGSS) offers opportunities to interact with the public; details here
- Advancing Postdoc Women Guide Book: essential information for postdoc women in their careers; provided by National Postdoctoral Association (download) (posted 1/18)
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- The Office of the Provost is now accepting nominations for the Provost’s Postdoctoral Diversity Fellowship and applications for small programming grants. Deadline is April 24th (details) (posted 3/28)
- Registration is now open for the Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Johns Hopkins SPH (details) (posted 3/28)
- The Journal of Postdoctoral Research is now accepting applications for editors, papers and abstracts (details) (posted 3/28)
- Apply for JHSOM postdoctoral fellow mentee-mentor awards ($5000) in clinical and basic sciences. Application due March 31st (details) (posted 3/28)
- NIBIB Program Director and Program Analyst position openings at NIH(details) (posted 3/21)
- JH Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center now accepting pilot project applications in aging, Alzheimer’s disease, and related disorders from faculty of any rank; proposals due 4/29; full announcement detail here or contact Corinne Pettigrew (posted 3/14)
- Postdoc positions available at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Radiology; details here (posted 3/14)
- Postdoc position available in Bioinformatics/Computational biology; details here (posted 3/14)
- The American Association for the advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks an Associate Editor for its journal Science; details here (posted 3/14)
- NIH is seeking qualified scientists to serve as program directors for the BRAIN Initiative; details and application here
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
- ...For events around baltimore check the list here!
For other local events, visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.