The J.K. Yearick Center & Howard Fire Company
Rental Rules and Regulations for General Public
- The truck room, office, storage areas, and large kitchen are off limits to unauthorized personnel.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the hall whatsoever. Any evidence of smoking inside the building will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit.
- Thumb tacks, nails, or tape may NOT be used on the walls, floors, or ceilings. All decorations should be installed from the ceiling hangers only. Free-standing floor and table decorations are permitted.
- Outside caterers are permitted. The kitchenette area adjacent to the banquet room is provided for food warming, coffee preparation, and washing small items. The large kitchen and steam table is not available for use.
- Equipment such as the soda machine may not be moved for any reason.
- Thermostats are pre-set and should not be adjusted.
- The renting party is responsible for on-site parking control. Vehicles must allow for access of emergency equipment and parking by our responding firemen. The fire lanes should not be blocked at any time for any reason.
- Any accidental breakage should be reported. The cost of repair or replacement will be the responsibility of the renting party. The J.K. Yearick Center and the Howard Fire Company are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Any container holding ice (ex: tubs w/soda or beer) must be leak and sweat proof or you must provide some type of absorbent material (ex: carpet, towels, blanket) to soak up the excess water caused by condensation.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the building. The renting party must furnish and serve alcoholic beverages at their own expense:
- No alcohol may be served to anyone under 21 years of age.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if alcohol is served.
- No alcohol should be served to anyone who is visibly intoxicated.
- A limit of 2 kegs of beer at one time in the J.K. Yearick Center.
- Plastic pitchers are available for rental for $1.00 each.
- Use of the Entertainment Sound System is not permitted unless prior arrangements are negotiated.
- Rental is from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight. Music must be ceased at 11:00 p.m. and the building should be vacated by the renting party at midnight.
- The foyer door should be locked and the renting party should exit via the northern door.
I/We have read and understand all the rules and regulations set forth by the J.K. Yearick Center and Howard Fire Company. I/We agree to abide by all the rules and regulations set forth. I/We also understand that we are responsible for any and all damages that may occur during the time we have contracted the facility. Make checks payable to Howard Fire Company. Send to: Howard Fire Company, C/O Holly Yearick, PO Box 231, Howard, PA 16841. Thank you.
Scheduling/Marketing Coordinator Date Renting Party Signature(s) Date