Bible Questions and Answers
1. What appeared as a sign after the Great Flood?
2. If we follow Christ's teachings, how many times do we have to forgive our neighbors?
(Seventy times seven or forever)
3. What is the 8th commandment? (Exodus 25)
(Thou shalt not steal)
4. Where was the body of Jesus placed?
(In the tomb)
5. To what country did Jacob and his 12 sons move because of the famine?
6. What is the name of the parable about a rebellious son who repents and returns?
(The Prodigal Son)
7. Who was Moses' son that acted as his mouthpiece?
8. Which of Christ's apostles was a tax collector?
9. Who saw the first rainbow?
(Noah and his family)
10. How many years did the children of Israel wander in the wilderness?
11. How was John the Baptist killed?
(His head was cut off)
12. What happened to the first commandments Moses brought down?
(Moses broke them)
13. Which of the four gospels begins with a "J".
14. Why did the sailors throw Jonah overboard?
(To calm the storm)
15. What priesthood did John the Baptist hold?
16. Jesus said, "I am the _____________ and the life of the world."
17. How did The Lord cleanse the earth from wickedness?
18. Which of the apostles once walked on water?
19. What part of the Bible was written before the birth of Jesus Christ?
20. The earth was created in how many days?
21. How many people passed by the attacked man in the parable of the Good Samaritan without helping him?
22. Who was the prophet leader of the Old Testament city that was lifted into heaven?
23. Why did Joseph and Mary go to Bethlehem?
(To be taxed)
24. Who is the first comforter?
25. Did Moses enter the promised land with his people?
26. What did The Lord tell Samson to never do, lest he lose his great strength?
(Cut his hair)
27. After Christ healed the ten lepers, how many returned to thank him?
28. Where did King Nebuchadnezzar put Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego when they refused to worship an idol?
(Into a fiery furnace)
29. What is the fourth commandment?
(Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy)
30. Who was the doubting apostle?
31. Who were the ten virgins to meet at midnight in the parable of the ten virgins?
32. What was the crown made of that was placed on Christ's head when he was crucified?
33. Name four of Jesus' original twelve apostles.
(Matthew, Mark, Peter, John, Judas, Andrew, Phillip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Simon, James, Thaddeus)
34. What is the sister city to Sodom?
35. What did Jacob give Esau in exchange for his birthright?
(A mess of pottage)
36. What man had many things go wrong in his life but always loved The Lord?
37. What kind of bird brought an olive branch to Noah on the ark?
38. Which of the Ten Commandments should you keep if you want to make your "days long upon the land?"
(Honor thy father and mother
39. Who said, "I am innocent of the blood of this just person?"
40. What are the special promises called that man makes with God?
41. What is the Golden Rule?
("Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them." Matthew 7:12)
42. What city had walls that came tumbling down when Joshua and his army gave a loud shout?
43. How many tribes of Israel are there?
44. Who was Jacob promised after working seven years for Laban?
45. What did Moses turn his staff into when he confronted Pharaoh?
46. Who did Christ drive out of the temple?
(The money changers)
47. Where was Zacharias when an angel told him his wife would have a son?
(In the temple)
48. What did Christ do after Peter cut off the ear of the one who came to arrest him?
(He healed it)
49. What prophet spent the night in a den?
50. How many times did Jesus say, "Lovest thou me" to Peter?
51. What was the final thing that God created before resting on the seventh day?
52. What is the water of the sacrament an emblem of?
53. What famous list of "Blessed are's" did Christ give to the people in the Sermon on the Mount?