General Administrators - Norms and Feeder Track Norms
- We will honor each other’s time and be on time: 8:30 am start time.
- We will do our best to adhere to the listed agenda timelines.
- We will actively listen and put technology away. (See No Technology in the below section)
- We will be honest and forthcoming while maintaining strict confidentiality. We need to have a respectful dialogue and debate.
- We will maintain focus on the District’s vision - students first.
- We will celebrate success.
- 10.45am-11am flexible time agenda or individual meetings
- 11am- 11.30 a.m. will be open time to meet with different administrators. Thus, we will make sure that our break finishes on-time. Time for building specific questions as well. Superintendent should decide if a question is building-specific.
- Notetaker: We will have one Cabinet member use a computer each meeting to take general notes and they will share the notes via Google Docs. We listened to those that stated they wanted technology for notes; however, we feel it is too tempting to check and email or text when a computer is open. Thus, we will maintain consistency with no technology other than when it is needed for a specific activity or presentation.
- No Announcements. - An announcement sheet will be sent out on the Tuesday before Gen Admin; there will be a question and answer period from announcements sent.
- Departmental Announcements. We should add them to the Gen Admin Agenda that goes out on Tuesday. Everyone is responsible to read the agenda and announcements in advance.
- Presentations must be interactive. No lecture or speaking to the group. Practice what we preach.
- Seating, we will have mixed seating. Cabinet must sit at different tables. David Mustonen will be in charge of getting different seating arrangements through a fun process at the start of the meeting.
- No technology; for emergency calls the Superintendent’s Office, 313-827-3020, can be contacted and they will get us. If someone has an anticipated emergency, email the Superintendent prior to the meeting to inform the need to have access to the cell phone.
- Post Norms on Tables.
- Keep the room at a comfortable temperature.
- Take care of your needs when necessary.
- Save paper by using Google Docs for handouts, if possible.
- There will be three microphones in use. Two cabinet members will go around to take questions.
- We will use a Chime to gain the attention of the group
- Approximate time for each presentation will be listed on the agenda.