CITY Inclement Weather Policy and Procedure
· Upon the sound of thunder or the sight of lightning by lifeguards the pool will be immediately evacuated; if it is raining to the extent that the bottom of the pool is obscured patrons will be removed from the pool.
· Sound the whistles (one long blast) to clear the pool
· Turn off all play features during inclement weather conditions
· The pool will remain closed for no less than 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sight of lightning
· At the sight of lightning or severe weather all patrons will be moved to a secure shelter until it is safe to return to the pool deck as determined by the Manager on Duty [Safe shelter includes; bath house and recreation centers located at all City pools]
· The Manager on Duty will keep track of the elapsed time and will provide information to patrons when it is safe to return to the pool deck or pool
· Patrons should not take showers for the duration of the inclement weather