- Reyna shawl by Noora Laivola using Savvy Skeins Comal sock in Midway
- Paris Toujours by Isabell Kraemer using Plucky Knitter Crew in Magnet & Steel
- Skelter by WoolyWormhead using Malabrigo rios in pocion
- Test knit for Cassis Munksgard using Plucky Knitter Traveler Aran in Petal Pusher
- Sumner by Woolly Wormhead in Knit Picks Stroll in the Tree Fort colorway (paid pattern, $6)
- Moab Shawl by verybusymonkey in my handspun
- Gridelin by Hunter Hammersen
- ITW Spotlight KAL
- One Love by Susan B. Anderson using handspun Twist Fiber Studio in Clown College
- Everglade by Woolly Wormhead using Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Smokestack (and probably going to do the body/crown in Thyme)
- Dragonflies Hat by Joji Locatelli using Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Baroque Violet
- Three Waters Farm Targhee in Lingering Light
Casting on soon!
- Sophisticated Traveler by Cassie Munksgard using Plucky Knitter sophisticate (mohair and merino) and traveler sport (pattern is exclusive until October 2016)
- Must Stash yarn - OCD sock sets in Rey, BB-8, R2D2, and C3PO
- Must Stash Yarn Perfect Sock OCD set in “Rey”
- Three Waters Farm Top of the Month for May (last installment in the club)
- Forgot to talk about last time
- Gale’s Art watermelon sock blank
- Stitch markers from Sucre Sucre Miniatures (powdered donut and coffee)
- Mason Dixon Knitting coloring book
- Handknit scarf that my swapee had knit while teaching a friend to knit
- Salted caramels
- Stitch markers
- Minis for my sock yarn blanket
- Book on the Civil Rights movement in Huntsville, AL and a brochure about the Alabama Civil War Trail
- Houston Fiber Fest, June 24-25, 2015 in Cypress, Texas (Katie will likely be there June 24; Somer & Darcy will likely be there June 25)
- Into the Wool Fiber Retreat, September 1-4, 2016 in Crossville, TN (Somer & Katie will be there)
- Somer will be in Indianapolis in mid-May - suggestions for yarn shops or restaurants in the downtown area
Summer Reading KAL
For full details see the Ravelry group, but here are the basics.
The Summer Reading KAL will run from June 1 - September 30.
- Short story - projects 50-100 yards
- Novel - projects 100-400 yards
- Chunkster - projects 400+ yards
- Boxed set - multiple projects that together equal at least 50 yards - perfect for sock yarn squares, hexipuffs, washcloths, bookmarks, etc.
- Chatter thread - if you don’t want to bother with measuring yardage, just post in the chatter thread.
- Cookbook club - we’ll vote on a cookbook each month and make/review recipes from it. This will likely be an ongoing thread after the KAL.
We’ll have prizes for, at the least, the chatter thread and each of the yardage threads. Specific prizes will be posted once we’ve decided. If you would like to donate a prize, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM someryarns, kayteebe, or slightlyfoxed on Ravelry.
In the Kitchen
- Sad story - our oven is on its last legs. Happy story is that we’re oven shopping.
Reading & Watching
- Finished reading These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly - YA historical fiction with a mystery and a little romance
- Finished Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan (YA fantasy)- retelling of Rapunzel
- Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers - YA fantasy about these this girl who is an assassin (clipper) who seeks to get revenge for the death of her family.
- Glittering Court by Richelle Mead -- I was disappointed in this novel. Not sure what I was expecting, but the story was unrealistic -- countess runs away because she’s going to be married off to a peer of the realm, only to run away to a finishing school on a colony with the sole purpose of making these girls brides.
- The Pirate Prince by Gaelen Foley - was Old School Romance Book Club selection for April 2016. Historical romance set in Italy.
- The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (YA fantasy)
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer - (YA fantasy - part of the Lunar Chronicles)