Torta Morbida di Mele e Mandorle (Moist Almond and Apple Cake)
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
Source: La Prova Del Cuoco Magazine
Ingredients: *This is a Gluten Free Dessert
- 3 Golden Delicious Apples
- 2 TBSP of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 325 Grams of Almond Flour
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- a Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp. of Almond Extract
- 50 Grams of Slivered Almonds
- 1 TBSP of Water
- Springform Pan 9 Inch
- Parchment Paper
- Peel and Dice the Apples into small cubes
- Place in a Small Saucepan with Lemon Juice, 2 TBSP of the Sugar and a TBSP of Water.
- Cover and Cook on Med/Low Heat for 10 Minutes
- When the Apple Compost is done, Mash it well with a Fork and let it Cool.
- In a large Food Processor or Blender, add the Eggs and the rest of the Sugar. Mix Well.
- Next, add the Almond Flour, Almond Extract, a pinch of Salt and Mix together until blended.
- Line a Springform Pan with Parchment paper and add the Cake Batter. Smooth is out with a Spatula or Spoon.
- Sprinkle Slivered Almonds and Some granulated Sugar on Top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 Degrees F. until it is Lightly Golden Brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the Cake cook and then remove it from the Springform Pan and tear off the Parchment Paper.