EPICS Version 4 Telecon, 12-Jan-2016

Later

Agenda

  1. Process for AI tracking and rollover
  2. pvDataCPP and Java buffer overflow. Patch release required? [3]
  3. Brief Activities and Status review to update AIs
  4. Gateway status [1]
  5. ESS EPICS meeting EPICS V4 training status
  6. Getting useful ioc architecture diagrams [2]

Minutes

Present: TK, GW, RL, MD, DH, MK, GS

Chair: GW

Scribe: RL

******

TOPIC: Process for AI tracking and rollover

******

GW: wants to continue using the Kanban sheet at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_8cw1MngC57A4rFlFehNVAA3XixFo8nPnrKVGMOxgSY/pub?output=html

Agreement on using the in-minutes AI list for the short term things, with RL (w/ support from GW and AJ) doing the rollover.

Every telecon shall have an agenda topic “AI update” to quickly (no discussion) collect the updates to the table.

*****

TOPIC: pvDataCPP and Java buffer overflow. Patch release required? [3]

*****

MK: MS should verify changes

GS/MD: MS has verified pull request for pvDataCPP.

MD: Can verify with MS whether Java ver changes woudl take too long for patching CPP.

RL: Patch release means adding code to relevant module release branches. Then bundling everything. Still need 2 dates for testing deadlines - one for core modules and one for rest.

DH: Are all changes in pvDataCPP/Java.

MD: Yes

DH: so can cherry-pick across?

RL: would like tests included in package to verify the bug is no longer present

MD: that would be difficult

RL in that case let’s just fix it.

MD: I will chase down Java - whether it’s fixed.

RL: Would like email to group when all fixes are in so we can test.

MK: Include MS.

AI on DH: Usher the patch fix for buffer overflow through to release.  

*****

TOPIC: Gateway status 

*****

GW: SLAC hopes to test

TK: ESS would like also to test

MD: Bear in mind that I expect this to break.

*****

TOPIC: ESS EPICS meeting EPICS V4 training status

*****

GW: Need volunteer to work up the course contents and decide who presents what.

MK: Rather not lead but can help

AI on TK: Prepare a list of course contents for ESS EPICS Meeting training.

DH: I have sent Marty an outline of training, I can send that again.

MK: I will get back to upgrading the developer’s guide after moving examples to pvExamples from individual modules.

*****

TOPIC: Architecture diagrams

*****

Active Action Items

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

1

Specify additions necessary to add watermark support to pvAccess.

MD or MS

2016-01-15

completed

2

See who can fund dbGroup

GW

assigned

3

Add Cloudbees script that generates documentation links to the bundle jobs, run this for previous releases

RL

2016-01-10

completed

4

Create a release links file (docbuild/<version>/index.html) for previous versions

AJ

2016-01-10

assigned

5

Write the one license file (using the MIT license in most cases)

AJ

assigned

6

Update your module to include copy of that one LICENSE. Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

wait on 5

7

On your module pages, remove the current/previous links; replace “Working Draft” with version number of module, which has its own numbering scheme, like 5.0.2 for pvDataCPP. Eg “Version 5.0.2 18/Nov/2015”

ALL MODULE OWNERS

2016-01-31

assigned

8

Change the C++ bundling to add creation of a tarfile that includes Base 3.15.x

RL

2016-01-31

assigned

9

Delete/hide mercurial repos on sourceforge, except “port driver” and some more which have not been ported

RL

2015-12-23

completed

10

Simplify Literature page and home page to help users find novice oriented documentation.

GW

assigned

11

Write Mark to clarify process

GW

2015-01-10

completed

12

Usher the patch fix for buffer overflow through to release.

DH

2016-02-12

assigned

13

Prepare a list of course contents for ESS EPICS Meeting training.

TK

2016-01-19

assigned

References

[1] GW ACL Model and pva2pva initial testers? threads of https://sourceforge.net/p/epics-pvdata/mailman/epics-pvdata-devel/?viewmonth=201601&limit=100&style=threaded 

[2] Please check & comment thread of https://sourceforge.net/p/epics-pvdata/mailman/epics-pvdata-devel/?viewmonth=201601&limit=100&style=threaded 

[3] https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/issues/20