#61 - Into the Nexus: “Title”
• Garrett • Kyle
Into the Nexus is proudly sponsored by Doghouse Systems.com. If you use the code ITN at checkout, you will get double memory on your next Doghouse System!
Into the Nexus is also sponsored by TweakedAudio.com. The same code, ITN, will get you 30% off and free shipping on your entire order of noise-reducing earbuds from Tweaked Audio!
Intro: Welcome to Into the Nexus! The Heroes of the Storm podcast!
Leoric Figured out?
The International 5 is on!
- Download Dota 2 in Steam and watch from the in game Client
- Tune in this Saturday the 8th to see the finals, battle for $6.5 million
Charging Weekly starting next month. So change your pledges Patrons!
- All goals have been reduced to 1/4th their previous number
- Its no secret we want to do shows full time and a weekly system will help us to better budget our time.
- Added several new goals, including a Weekly call in episode.
Change Your Pledges Contest!
- Those that edit their existing pledge or join our Patreon by August 14th will be entered to win a Heroes of the Storm Funko Mystery Figure.
- Those that edit their exiting pledge or join our Patreon by August 28th will be entered to win a Lili or Zeratul hero code.
And our first casted game will go up This upcoming Wednesday.
For games already casted, check out Heroes of the Pants!
Reminder, you can go to ITNcast.reddit.com to submit stories or upvote submissions for the next episode.
Heroes at Gamescom
Lots of stuff to discuss
The Monk (Kharazim) Preview & Trailer
That background in the trailer sure look a whole lot like the Jade Forest in Pandaria.
- Radiant Dash (Q) - quickly teleport to a friendly or enemy Hero. (seems to have multiple charges)
- Breath of Heaven (W) - heals Kharazim and other nearby heroes. (seems to boost their movement speed as well, but could be a specific talent)
- Deadly Reach (E) - extends his attack range and deals bonus damage on attacks.
- Seven-Sided Strike (R1) - becomes untargetable and lands 7 attacks on nearby enemies. (likely prioritizes Heroes) (High Damage, 50% of most heroes if targets only one guy)
- Divine Palm (R2) - puts an allied hero in Stasis (invulnerable) and greatly heals them if their HP is depleted during that.
- Transcendence - Basic attacks heal
- Iron Fists - Basic attacks deal bonus damage
- Insight - Basic attacks restore Mana
- Foresight - Radiant Dash reveals the area
- Overtake - Deadly Reach attacks increase movespeed
- Healing Ward
- Protective Shield
- Unknown 1
- Unknown 2
- Seven-Sided Strike - become invulnerable and strike nearby Heroes.
- Divine Palm - protect an ally from death.
New Battleground Preview: Infernal Shrines
- Mid-sized three lane map!
- Three shrines gradually gather power, and once activated will spawn waves of monsters that need to be defeated.
- Once monsters are defeated, players can capture the Shrines and it will summon a huge Punisher that will push lanes for players.
- Punishers have unique powers - Arcane summons rotating beams that damage players, Mortar nukes the area around with bombs and Frozen summons freezing orbs around him.
- Punishers can also go berserk, hunting heroes with increased attack speed, jumping on them and even over walls.
Rexxar will be the next Hero after Kharazim. He was playable on the Gamescom floor and he will be a ranged Warrior.
MIsha joins Rexxar on the battleground. She can tank damage and fight. But she cannot be controlled separately. Misha attacks your target. She can be killed and will return after a certain amount of time.
- Spirit Swoop (Q) - summons a Hawk in a straight line that slows enemies hit.
- Misha, Charge! (W) - Misha charges towards a location, stunning enemies hit.
- Mend Pet (E) - heals Rexxar and Misha (if she's nearby)
- Bestial Wrath (R1) - greatly boost Misha's fighting capabilities.
- Unleash the Boars (R2) - summons boars that charge towards enemy Heroes, greatly slowing them on impact, and revealing them.
- Grizzled Bear - Misha periodically reduces damage from enemy heroes.
- Hunter Gatherer - gather regen globes to increase Health Regen. (unsure if it affects Misha)
- Survivalistic Training - gather regen globes to increase Mana Regen.
- Flare - gain vision of an area
- Hungry Bear - Misha's basic attacks heal her.
- Crippling Talons - increase Spirit Swoop slow amount and duration.
- Taking Flight - increase Spirit Swoop range, returns mana.
- Easy Prey - Misha is more effective against Minions and Mercs.
- Bestial Wrath - increase Misha's basic attack damage.
- Unleash the Boars - send a pack of Boars to hunt enemy heroes.
- Wildfire Bear - Misha deals damage to nearby enemies.
- Thrill of the Hunt - basic attacks increase move speed.
- Bear Necessities - Cast "Misha, Charge!" again if you don't hit a Hero.
- Barkskin - Misha takes reduced ability damage after charging.
- Spirit Bond - increase Bestial Wrath duration and Misha heals Rexxar with her attacks.
- Kill Command - Unleash the Boars deals more damage and roots enemies.
- Frenzy of Kalimdor - your Basic Attacks deal more damage and Misha's attacks slow.
- Hardened Skin - you and Misha take reduced damage.
StarCraft Warrior Artanis Preview
- Couldn’t be Fenix since he would require a resurrection mechanic and they want to add other mechanics to the game.
- Heavy hitting Warrior. “Up close and personal”.
- Will release with Legacy of the Void. There may be other heroes between Artanis and Rexxar.
- Purifier Concept Skin
New Skins and Mounts
- Master Monk
- Jade Dragon Monk
- Default Rexxar
- Master Rexxar
- Lord of Frost Rexxar
- Prisoner Tychus
- Doubloon Mount
- Malthael's Phantom Mount
- Treasure Goblin Mount
- Judgement Uther
- Sgt. Doomhammer
- Earthbreaker Thrall
Cleanse Nerf Incoming
Splendour from the European team Na'Vi tweeted a Cleanse change on the Gamescom build - which means it's likely coming in the next patch. It no longer makes targets unstoppable, but gives them resistance to crowd control for 2 seconds. If cast on a disabled target, it still removes disables.
@Splendour: cleanse is also nerfed on top of that
No unstoppable (cant precleanse), cc reduction instead for 2s
Gamescom Talent Changes
Grubby tweets things he noticed while playing the Gamescom Build
Sweeping Grasp (Level 1) Talent now included in Primal Grasp
Shield Assimilation timer increased from 6 sec to 20 sec
Enduring Warriors (Level 7) Talent also increases damage by 20%.
New Talent: Gains a weaker Envenom (110 damage over 6 seconds) but cd reduced for every Minion kill.
New Talent: Level 7 Healing Ward also gives mana regen.
New Talent: Level 13 Orb of Annihilation Mana Reduction
New Talent: Level 20 Two charges of General of Hell
Multiple Unknown Raynor Changes
Dustin Browder Tid Bits
@DaRealBarnY: Anything about the next season of the ladder? Like a Starting Date? Or about the Grand Master League?
@DustinBrowder: No start date is known yet. Not very soon.
@iLOLedSoHard: Oh man, playing HL doesnt feel right, i am now rank 1 and have to create a new account to have fun to climb.
@DustinBrowder: Need Grandmaster League. Will Fix.
- Clans are being worked on ASAP
- Want to expand daily quests, particularly quests that complete even if you loose.
- Multiple people watching a single replay is not currently in development
- End game stats will be expanded in the future.
- Next theme event is unknown. During the break heroes from any franchise can be added.
Blizzard Trademarks "Compete"
Blizzard appears to have trademarked "Compete" in the US and some EU countries.
The trademark Identification reads: “Providing an online non-downloadable Internet-based system application featuring technology enabling users to organize and promote e-sports tournaments, to create and customize tournament brackets and ladders, track tournament progress, maintain related statistics, and post results.”
How to play against Stealth
Zeratul is picked in 51.1% of all games right now. (5th most popular hero atm)
Nova still picked in 28.5% of all games.
Teamliquid Guide: How to Play Against Stealth
by Phantom (posted by Shiroiusagi)
- Cloak trait activates three seconds after dealing damage or taking damage
- Heroes in Stealth “Shimmer” and can be knocked out of stealth only by AoEs and Skillshots
How to Play Against Stealth:
- Naturally, watch for the Shimmer
- Early Game Laning Phase
- Stealth players roam
- Require both primary damage abilities to hit, as well as 2-3 follow up auto attacks
- Or require CC help from another player
- Hug your own gate and towers
- Check mini map and don’t push unless you know where the stealthy is
- Know if your a target
- Low health
- Overextended without Mana
- Squishy Hero
- Rotate another teammate to your lane so you can heal
- Dont walk through the forest to Objectives alone.
- More eyes watching for Shimmers
- Avoid positional mistakes
- Most damage comes from Snipe
- Wiggle and try to dodge.
- Get someone to body block the shot
- Spell Shield
- Turn around and fight her
- Melee with Blink
- Less sudden burst then Nova but more Survivability
- Watch for enemy teammates to give away the gank
- Dont get baited
- Assume multiple missing heroes means a organized gank
Drafting Against Stealth:
- Clairvoyance Heroes
- Brightwing (Peekaboo)
- Rehgar (Farsight)
- Heroes not to pick (examples)
- Sylvanas (Has to use escape to knock them out of stealth)
- Lili (Has no way to reveal Stealthed Heroes)
- Falstad (Hard to hit skillshot)
Patreon Mention: Patreon.com/ITN
- Kalen F
- A.P. W
- Alexis L
- Sam E
Hi guys, love the show!
I love playing Abathur in Quick Match, and he's my top played hero. However, I never know when to use him in Hero League as I don't really know what 4man comps work without a 5th body in there - what would you suggest?
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Hello Nex-ians, Nexus-ites, Nexi?
I just finished a Cursed Hollow game as Diablo and it had an insane ending. My team and I were attacking their core and had it down to about 60% when I died. 100 souls, let's do this! I book it down the map to the core only to have my team get stomped before I get there. I stop short of the core's attack and unleash my Lightning Breath (it's talented so I know it will reach). Having my blinders on as I left my Hall of Storms, I didn't realize 4 catapults were gently ticking away at my team's core. I charge in, and right as I Fire Stomp.... gg. Our core goes down, theirs at 1%. What a game it was, but what heart breaker as well.
Keep it up guys,
Patreon Shout Out
ITN is supported by our badass Patrons. You can become a ITN Patron by going to Patreon.com/itn.
- mirrari: “Kyle will become your patronus!”
Into the Nexus is produced by Amove.tv and our Patreon producers Declan H. and Edward L.. You can see more about this and all the other A-move shows at Amove.tv. You can also email the show at ITNcast@gmail.com or continue the conversation over at ITNcast.reddit.com.
Catch the live show Thursday nights at 8pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/Amovetv. Mobile live stream provided by Alpha Geek Radio. Go to mobile.alphageekradio.com.
Follow the show on Twitter @ITNcast
Thanks to Brian Griffith, the musician responsible for our intro music. He can be found at briangriffithmusic.com or @briangriffith on twitter..
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
The Angry Chicken: A Hearthstone Podcast
Just because we aren’t running ads at the top doesn’t mean these codes are any less awesome!
Our code, ITN, will get you a free 120gb SSD added to your already amazing Doghouse gaming PC.
The same code, ITN, will get you 30% off and free shipping on your entire order of noise-reducing earbuds from Tweaked Audio!