***Moodle ISU Guides have been relocated to the New Tiger Tracks Site. For up-to-date content please refer to the Knowledge Base.***
Embedding Google Calendar into Moodle Course Google
This handout can be used to help you create a Google calendar for your course which can be placed in your Moodle ISU course and will be useful for keeping track of appointments and assignments. If you would like to use the Moodle ISU calendar, see Calendar
This guide will help you to:
Modify the Calendar in ISU Gmail
- Access your ISU email with your username and password.
Note: You can access your ISU Email through Bengal Web or directly through the Google login system.
- At the top of the screen, Click Applications.
- Click Calendar.
- Under My calendars, Select an existing calendar or create a new one.
- To create a new calendar, Click the down arrow next to My calendars.
- Select Create new calendar.
- In the Calendar Name text box, Type the name of the calendar.
- In the Description text box, Type a description.
- At the bottom of the page, Click Create Calendar.
Embed the Calendar in Moodle
- Click the down arrow next to the calendar you want to embed.
- Select Calendar settings.
- On the Calendar details page, Locate the Embed This Calendar field.
- Highlight the HTML code.
- Copy it.
Note: Click the URL box and Press Ctrl+A to select all. Then, Press Ctrl+C to copy.
- Login to Moodle ISU. For more information, see Accessing Moodle ISU for Faculty
- Access the desired course.
- Turn editing on. For more information, see Moodle ISU Overview
- Locate ADD A BLOCK on the left hand side of the page.
- From the Add dropdown menu, Select HTML.
Note: The new block will appear above the ADD A BLOCK.
- Click the gear symbol below the NEW HTML BLOCK.
- Click Configure (new HTML block) block.
- In the Block title field, Type a title.
Note: You may need to Click Show more buttons.
- In the Content text box, Click the HTML option.
- Paste the HTML code into the Source editor box.
- Click Save changes.
For more information, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email email@example.com
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.