All potential applicants must be four by July 31st of the upcoming school year.
The Southern Boone County R-I Preschool strives to create a learning environment that empowers preschool children to be confident, successful and lifelong learners. We serve children with a variety of educational needs who benefit from a school experience before they enter Kindergarten. Children will be selected based on information gathered from the following:
- Parent Questionnaire
- Parents as Teachers Screening (if applicable)
- Input from other relevant sources (daycare providers, special service providers, etc.)
- Parents must submit the initial application (please right click and open in a new tab) by April 1 of each year. The initial application contains information and questions about the child’s general background.
- A second application is sent to parents requiring more in-depth information regarding: communication, cognitive, social/emotional, self-help, and fine/gross motor skills. Parents review each point of development and evaluate their child using the checklist provided.
- Applications are reviewed by preschool teachers, director and building principal to identify children who meet the preschool program goal.
- Students are randomly selected to create a balanced classroom. Enrollment is limited and some students may be placed on a waiting list. If a child is not selected for initial placement in the program, parents will be contacted as positions become available.
- All applicants will be notified regarding placement in the program around May 15th.