Parts of Speech Quiz
Directions: Label the bolded parts of each sentence, using the following key:
Noun (n) Adjective (adj) Verb (v) Adverb (adv) Pronoun(p)
1) Ms. Burns painted beautiful portraits, and her artwork sold quickly.
2) “Class,” announced Ms. Kirsch, “your quiz will begin shortly.”
3) Be careful of drips when eating chocolate ice cream.
4) There will be an awesome sleepover party this Saturday.
5) The forecaster predicted warm sunshine and a temperature of 78°.
6) He turned out to be wrong!
7) “Yesterday,” she explained, “was my last day of school.”