Ubermix 2.0 Student Image
Step 1: Format flash drives & install current ubermix 2.0 image on all keys.
Step 2: Select master key and machine.
Step 3: Image machine and make the customizations below.
Step 4: Resize Keys to 8 GB & create master key using EASEUS Partition Master
Step 5: Delete files from Stock Ubermix Keys & Copy files from Master key to Stock Keys
Changes to Panel & Desktop
1. Change background to Custom Student Laptop Background
2. Change “Activities” to “Menu” & change menu icon to School Logo
3. Remove “Display” icon (Students often switch sideways & can always access in settings)
4. Install gapps-icons created by Jim Klein.
5. Add Chrome, Firefox, & Files to panel.
Changes to Menu:
1. Favorites: Chrome, Firefox, Files, Kazaam, LibreOffice, Settings, Power
2. Remove “Places”
3. Remove Administration & Preferences. (last thing - students can add back if they want, but most features are un-needed and shrink the launcher to a nice size)
Changes to Browser:
1. Make HomePage Symbaloo Site with all common websites used by students for easy access) Chrome & Firefox (do for both)
2. Allow popups on Firefox. Disable crash reports/health report
3. Use system bars for Chrome.
4. Install all pipelight plugins (DO NOT INSTALL FLASH, FRESH PLUGIN IS MORE STABLE AND IS ALREADY INCLUDED IN LATEST UBERMIX STOCK OS)
Additional plugins (experimental):
5. Install user agent overrider for netflix (see ubermix blog for directions)
6. MAKE SURE TO DELETE HISTORY, PASSWORDS, DOWNLOADS, ETC. - WILL STICK WITH IMAGE on every machine otherwise.
Wine: Audible & Adobe Digital Editions
Sound & Video:
Changes to System:
1. Add MS HALLWAY Printer (test)
2. Change time to Central Time
3. Connect to Student Wireless In Building and set to Auto Connect.
4. Change system password to common school password used in labs.