EPICS V4 Telecon 5-Jul-2016

Earlier                                                                                Later

Agenda

  1. Progress on AIs
  2. Status
  3. Feature Freeze
  1. Status of developments
  2. What happens next
  1. Face-to-face meeting at SNS
  1. Who’s coming
  2. Agenda
  1. AOB

Minutes

Chair: AJ

Present: AJ, DH, MK, RL, KK

Minutes: KK

1. Table of AIs

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

2

See who can fund dbGroup/Qsrv going on

GW

assigned

5

Write the one license file (using the MIT license in most cases)

AJ

complete

6

Update your module to include copy of that one LICENSE. Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

assigned

7

On your module pages, remove the current/previous links; replace “Working Draft” with version number of module, which has its own numbering scheme, like 5.0.2 for pvDataCPP. Eg “Version 5.0.2 18/Nov/2015”

AJ check status, ALL MODULE OWNERS

5-Mar-2016

assigned

7a

For masarService

GS

5-Mar-2016

assigned

7b

For pvAccessJava

MS

5-Mar-2016

assigned

7c

For pvCommonCPP

MS

5-Mar-2016

assigned

10

Simplify Literature page and home page to help users find novice oriented documentation.

GW

assigned

16

Commit changes to all modules, other than exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which set the shared library versions

MD

assigned

17

Monitor changes pull request (AI from meeting 15-Mar-2016, http://tinyurl.com/zqa3qyp

MD

5-Apr-2016

assigned

2. Status

AJ: #5 completed.

AJ: Jenkins jobs failed this morning. Unclear if specific commit caused this.

3. Feature Freeze

  1. Status of developments

AJ Release document is here.

AJ: FF on Thursday. Working on pvCommon change.

DH: Everything builds, should verify once Jenkins recovers.

RL: C++ jobs on master branches have all recovered. After updates in basic libraries, Jenkins needs about 2.3 turns to get back to green.

AJ: APS example build has completed without errors

DH: MD changed declarations for byte buffer functions (now const functions). Is that backwards compatible?

AJ: Is break in API, but OK to break API in this release

DH: Is pvAuxInfo (Java-only API) used at all?

AJ: Need MK to decide.

<MK rejoined hangout>

MK: Quite sure it’s obsolete. DH and I will check offline: Where is it? pvDataJava?

DH: Use 6.0 version number for both C++ and Java once API difference (pvAuxInfo) is removed.

AJ: Release branch created after feature freeze. After July 7, before 7-21.

DH: Would like to add 2 things: For python, would like to add pvRequest similar to C++. Fix bug. Work on examples. What does this mean related to FF?

AJ: FF means everybody knows the added features. No new features added, while details can still evolve.

RL: API is defined

MK: Adding convenience routines similar to what’s in CPP to Java code. Features will be completed by tomorrow. DH, we need to coordinate work on examples, which I’ll complete within this week.

RL: Lacked time for CPP bundle build changes.

  1. What happens next

AJ: FF, then 2 weeks for phase 1 modules, .. more meetings until then.

DH: pvCommon changes from MS?

AJ: Just submitted pull req on Friday to only build boost on vxWorks, failed build.

MK: Parent pom.xml files still contained pv test instead of example build instructions

4. Face-to-face meeting at SNS

  1. Who’s coming

AJ, RL, MK, DH?,

DH: Dates?

KK: Rooms available for Friday Sept. 16, Sat 17, Sun 18

AJ: F-2-F Meeting on 16 & 17, maybe 18th or possibly hold a code-a-thon on the Sunday

  1. Agenda

AJ: We should try to concentrate on future plans and functionality, rather than minutiae of the code if possible. Will start a Google Doc and invite Bob and Greg to contribute if they can.

5. AOB

None. Meeting closed at 10:40 CDT