CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Treasurer
Title: Treasurer *Position may be shared
Reports to: Finance-Administration Chief
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. Camp dates and times will vary. Post camp meetings and reporting.
Manage CampHERO budget. Follow process for payment of bills and incidentals. Record all income and expenses, including in-kind donations. Document and communicate donations to appropriate volunteers and staff to assure donor is recognized. Create reports.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know all of the GSUSA and Girl Scouts of WI-Badgerland Council policies and procedures regarding finances.
- Create a budget based on projected income and expenses.
- Communicate with Fundraising-Grant Writing personnel.
- Work with council staff to pay bills.
- During camp provide means of paying for various purchases.
- Provide reports and rosters to applicable volunteers.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Finance-Administration Chief.
- Work with other volunteer staff.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.