OHS DRESS CODE
Because all casual clothing is not suitable for the educational environment, these guidelines will help determine what is appropriate to wear to school.
- Clothing that reveals cleavage, your back, chest, stomach, or undergarments is not appropriate for the classroom and will not be tolerated.
- Any clothing that has words/pictures that may be offensive to students/staff may not be worn.
- Clothing with Ontario school logos is encouraged. The “Straight Out of O-Town Logo” may not be worn.
- Hats of any kind cannot be visible on campus during the school day. Hats seen will be taken and a parent must pickup at the end of the school day. Hoodies maybe worn but the hoods of sweatshirts cannot be worn inside the building.
- Graphics/Symbols on any personal item (to include backpacks, clothing, binders, body art, etc.) that any staff member deems inappropriate or disruptive to the learning environment due to content, implied meaning, or gang/drug affiliation is not allowed. This includes sexual innuendos. Inappropriate tattoos that are visible may be required to be covered daily.
- Rosaries may not be worn outside of clothing.
- All shirts must have sleeves.
- Professional sports team clothing/items are not allowed; college team clothing/items are allowed.
- The back, stomach, chest, and backside should be covered completely. Skin and undergarments cannot be visible, even through clothing.
- Necklines cannot dip below the straight line made across the chest when crossing from one armpit to the other.
- All shorts, skirts, dresses, and tunics (long shirts) must come within 2 inches of the knee.
- All clothing must fit correctly. No sagging, baggy or extremely tight clothing to include leggings, yoga pants, and athletic wear unless worn under tunics, dresses and skirts that come within 2 inches of the knee.
- No holes or rips (even intentional rips with/without layers underneath) are allowed in pants, shorts, skirts, or shirts.
- No house slippers or pajamas, to include pajama bottoms, are allowed.
IF CLOTHING FAILS TO MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, STUDENTS WILL BE SENT IMMEDIATELY TO THE OFFICE OF STUDENT CONDUCT AND WILL REMAIN THERE UNTIL PARENTS BRING SUITABLE CLOTHING. MULTIPLE DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE. ANY ITEM LISTED ABOVE MAY BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY AND PARENTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO RETRIEVE IT AT THE OFFICE.
NOTE: PUTTING A SWEATSHIRT ON OR ZIPPING UP A COAT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR FIXING A VIOLATION.
TIGERS DRESS FOR RESPECT AND SUCCESS!