Demonstration of Learning
Gmail is ReNEW’s email app. While most of us are proficient emailers, we could all use some help managing it. Learning a few basic tricks will help you spend less time in your inbox.
- Search for an email that has the following characteristics:
- Hint: use the down arrow in the search box.
- ...From a colleague (using their email address)
- ...Includes “ReNEW” in the title
- Note: do not send a private, personal email or an email with any student identifying information in it
- Name it “ReNEW”
- Change color of the label to blue
- Assign the label to a recent email
- Add a star to an important email in your inbox
- Subject: “Basic Gmail”
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CC: your shoulder partner (if you’re doing this on your own, CC email@example.com)
- Insert a Google Doc in the email (use an existing doc such as your “basic task” doc or create a blank doc)
- Attach a file from your computer (not a Google Doc)
- If you need a file, click here and download this Gmail guide.
- Write “Own Your Learning!” in blue, align center, and make size “Large”
- Optional: Add any questions you have about Google Apps thus far!
- Start a hangout with “firstname.lastname@example.org”
FINISHED? Go to the Gmail Basic badge and click submit.