Coronado Baptist Church
Job Description 6/10/2013
Job Title: Associate Pastor of Missions and Outreach
Supervised By: Senior Pastor and elders
Compensation: Full-time salaried, elder discretion
This is a full-time position that is responsible for the oversight of the church’s missions and outreach efforts.
- Missions: Making an impact beyond the boundaries of the local church’s influence in order to initiate the kingdom where it would not otherwise occur.
- Outreach: Making an impact where you live and where the church already has some degree of influence.
The vision of both is to bring unreached, unchurched, and needy people into the body of Christ.
- A passion for leading people to Christ.
- A heart for foreign missions and local/regional outreach ministries.
- Experience in foreign missions having served in the field (with a reputable organization), trained missionaries, and led short term mission trips.
- Experience in planning and leading local/regional outreach ministries.
- A continuously growing Christian who is committed to disciple-making (i.e. personal evangelism, discipleship and multiplication).
Specific Duties Assigned:
- Responsible for the oversight of international mission activities. Works with all other pastors and church ministry groups and ministry teams to coordinate the church’s mission activities.
- Responsible for the oversight of the church’s local/regional outreach activities and for the coordination of both internal church and external resources to support them.
- Must be willing (but not expecting) to preach as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Responsible for the equipping of church members to participate in both missions and outreach.
- Responsible for working with the Women’s Ministry Director for organization of mission and outreach special events (e.g., missions banquet, outreach conferences, etc.).
- Responsible for the oversight of assigned aspects of Men’s, Women’s and Single’s Ministries.
- Responsible with Missions Ministry Team for allocation of church’s mission and outreach resources.
- Responsible for managing mission expenses within the established budget.
- Responsible for managing outreach expenses within the established budget.
Working Hours and Benefits:
- Will work at least 40 hours per week or more depending on need.
- Specific days will be flexible, although this person will participate in the weekly general staff meeting.
- Salary will be paid bi-monthly.
- Vacation and continuing professional education/seminar time and expense will be similar to other pastors.
- Benefits include medical, disability and retirement in an amount as determined by the elders.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to motivate others to accomplish their responsibilities.
- An effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- An effective team player and member of church staff.