Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
May 16 at 6:30 PM – 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Kathy S.
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- April 18, 2016 Regular meeting
- May 9, 2016 Special meeting
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff Comments: Three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- CSSI Report - conference call with Kelly Rosensweet (7:00 - 8:00)
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee - Chad (8:00 - 8:10)
- Review financial statements
- Interim Head of School - Susan (8:10 - 8:25)
- Discussion (Approval ?) of revised school calendar for 2016-17
- Finance Director - Susan (8:25 - 8:40)
- SAC - Susan? (8:40 - 8:50)
- BOD approval of Parent Survey
- Fundraising Committee - Susan? (8:50 - 9:05)
- Discussion / Approval of Fundraising Policy
- Discussion / Approval of Fundraising Form
- Ad Hoc Screening Committee - Kathy S (9:05 - 9:35)
- Discussion / Decision Re: Susan Likes’ application for HOS position
- Discussion regarding Finance Director position - if applicable
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- End of School BBQ, Tuesday, May 17 at 5:30 pm, Parque de Vida Pavilion
- Next BOD meeting
- Monday, June 20, 6:30 PM
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all current action items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President
- Executive Session – (If necessary)