The cornhole board surface should be 2' x 4'. A 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side. Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front). There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color. Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 1 pound of corn inserted into each bag. The league will provide the boards and bags.
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one on the board falling then a point is given.
- The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
- The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
- If both teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
- A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line. (front of the cornhole board)
- A Player goes out of turn. The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
- Opening Coin Flip – In Doubles play, the coin toss winner has the choice of which side of the boards to play from. The coin toss winner also decides who pitches first. (in Tournament, team with higher seed gets all honors).
- Position Of Cornhole Players – In Doubles play, each player's partner is directly across from them in the opposite box at the other board. So each team has one player throwing from the left pitcher's box and one throwing from the right. For subsequent game, the losing team must switch places and the winning team stays where they are and gets honors.
- Each player is assigned a pitcher's box and will be required to pitch from their box the entire game.
- Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color. All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
- The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
- A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board they are throwing from.
- Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
- If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
- Count the points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.
- The first team to 21 will win. You do not have to win by two and there is no mercy or "shucked" rule. Should a game go 16 innings, the game will be considered final unless either team has reached 16 or more points in that game ("16 after 16"). If a team has reached 16 or more points the game will be completed as usual. If the game is tied and under 16 for both teams then the next team to score will win.
- Teams will play best 2 of 3 games during a match.
- Game 1 will be forfeited at game time if the team is not present, game 2 will be forfeited 10 minutes past game time due to no show. A team may play with one sub and if the 2nd player shows up can replace the sub between games (not mid-game).
Each team will consist of 2 rostered players. A team may use 1 substitution player during the regular season of the league without penalty. Any substitute players will not accrue statistics. If both players are substitutions, they will still be allowed to play, however it will count as a forfeit loss (21-0). Any roster changes must be made before the last regular season match. A team is not allowed to substitute a player during the playoffs and must play with the two roster players who finished the regular season. If one is absent, a single player can throw by themselves. They will only throw one direction and the 2nd person from the other team will throw unopposed. If a team is in need of a substitute for any of their matches, and can not find one, please call the office to request one. Please call the office if your team will be forfeiting.
Tournament Format & Tiebreakers
All teams make the end of season tournament (although forfeiting 2 or more matches during the regular season may exclude teams from participating in the season ending tournament). Teams with the higher seed will have honors in tournament. Teams will be seeded in the tournament based on the following: 1) overall record 2) head to head play (with 2 teams, 3 or more tied teams go to next tiebreaker) 3) most games won (overall) 4) fewest games lost (overall) 5) coin flip.