¼ lb. pancetta
1 - 1 ½ lb. cheese ravioli
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, cut into wedges
2-3 heads broccoli, chopped
1 c. chicken broth
2 c. half-and-half
1-2 T. cornstarch + ¼ c. cold chicken broth, optional
½ - ¾ c. parmesan cheese
optional: paprika, cayenne, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt, to taste
1. Cook pancetta until fat is rendered.
2. Add bell pepper and onion and cook 5-10 minutes until tender and onion is beginning to brown.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
4. Remove the pancetta and vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
5. Add broth to skillet and deglaze the pan.
6. Add chopped broccoli and cook until tender.
7. Add half-and-half, and cook until boiling and slightly thickened. If sauce is not thickening, stir in a slurry of cornstarch and broth and boil 1-2 additional minutes.
8. Add parmesan cheese to the sauce. Stir until melted. Add spices, as desired.
9. Return pancetta, onions, and peppers to sauce and toss to coat.
10. Add pasta and toss to coat.