United States History Syllabus
United States History
- Reading assignments must be outlined in one color of pen and class notes written in using a different color of pen and following the formatting on the included handout. Random outline checks will be done regularly for a homework grade. If there is no outline from a reading assignment then a 0% will be recorded and a homework slip given.
- All work must be answered using blue or black pen only. NO pencils are allowed.
- Section Review and Chapter Review Questions are to be done together on one page and in complete sentences. Be sure to label each section. Terms are to be done on a separate page than the review questions.
- Everything must be kept in a three-ringed binder designated for U.S. History class only and will be graded on test days for a quiz grade: 100% for all reading and class notes, homework questions, foldables and handouts ; or a 0% if any of the aforementioned items are not included.
- All in-class grading must be completed in green ink and each student must write their name on the bottom of the assignment they are grading.
25%-Homework graded for accuracy and completion.
25%-Quizzes may be scheduled or given at random.
50%-Tests and Projects will be scheduled.
The Explorer and His Ship (Test Grade)--
- August 22, 2017: Explorer Chosen
- August 24, 2017: Information Due In Class
- August 31, 2017: 3-D Ship and Essay Due
Colonies Stamp (Test Grade)--
- September 1, 2017: Colony Chosen
- September 11, 2017: Colony Stamp Due
Colonies Postcard (Test Grade)--
- September 11, 2017: Colony Chosen
- September 20, 2017: Postcard Completed
Toilet Paper Log Cabin (Test Grade)--
- August 28-September 21, 2017: Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Roll Collection Competition
- September 21 2017: Project Begins
- November 10, 2017: Cabin Due
- November 22, 2017: Cabin Set Up for Thanksgiving Dinner
Wax Museum of Early Americans (Two Test Grades)--
- October 18, 2017: Topic Due
- October 23-27, 2017: In-Class Workdays
- November 1, 2017: Research Biography Paper Due
- November 22, 2017: Colonial Dish Due
- November 29, 2017: Project Board Backdrop Due
- December 8, 2017: Speeches and Costume Due
- December 10, 2017: Wax Museum Presented at Project Fair