Candy Delight Brownies
Adapted from My favorite brownie recipe
Yield - 9-16 servings
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon espresso powder
10 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup flour
assorted candy: rolos, reese’s peanut butter cup, whoppers, almond joy, or whatever your heart desires
- Preheat the oven to 325 ˚F. Grease 9-10” tart pan and lay parchment paper along the bottom. Grease the parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter with the sugar, water, and espresso powder. Add the chocolate chips and allow them to melt completely.
- Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes and then stir in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Arrange the candy on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Please don’t over bake!
- Let cool completely before cutting, brownies cut best when cool.