Get Ready for the ACT and SAT!
Free Princeton Review ACT-SAT StartUp Test and Strategy Session
For Classes of 2017 and 2018 -- see Junior Announcements ABOVE
· LSU ON THE GEAUX – Tuesday, March 7 from 6 – 8 PM at the Fleur de Lis Event Center in Mandeville. This event is for prospective seniors or juniors and their parents to interact with LSU representatives, learn more about our top tier institution, and get questions answered. Registration is required to attend because space is limited. Students may bring up to two parents or guardians as guests. Registration and more information can be found at www.lsu.edu/lsuonthegeaux.
· University of Louisiana Lafayette – Engineering & Technology Expo will be held on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at ULL in Madison Hall from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Registration is required. For a detailed explanation of the Expo, competition rules, parent/teacher info, schedule, parking, and registration, visit the following website: www.engineering.louisiana.edu/EandTexpo
· Discover Delgado Day – Browse career pathways in Allied Health, Nursing, Business and Technology, Arts and Humanities, and Technical Education. Attend workshops on college transition and financial aid. This program is March 28, 2017 from 9 AM – 12 noon at City Park Campus, Student Life Center, Building 23 at 615 City Park Avenue in New Orleans. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 671-5012.
· Service Academy Forum – There will be a Service Academy Forum on Thursday, March 30 from 6 – 9:30 PM at Lakeshore High School in the Library. This is open to all St. Tammany Parish juniors or younger who are interested in attending or receiving information about the five prestigious U. S. Service Academies. Parents are encouraged to attend.
· Louisiana Tech Engineering and Science Day – Engineering & Science Day is Tuesday, April 11, and is a full day where Louisiana Tech invites high school students interested in STEM fields to come see what the university has to offer. Students will hear a presentation from a guest speaker, participate in hands-on experiments, and have a chance to talk hear from student organizations on campus. Individual students can register at the following link. Registration will close on March 10. The link is here: http://orgs.latech.edu/esa/EandSDay2017.html
SENIORS: If you plan to pursue a postsecondary education and you HAVE NOT applied for admission, NOW is the time to apply. If you need assistance, please see Ms. Matherne.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI implemented an out of state fee cut that goes into effect for this year's seniors. The out of state fee has been cut to a flat $2,000 to be added to in state tuition of $7,964. General Freshman Scholarships still begin at a 21 ACT composite, but now require a 3.0 or higher CORE GPA.