Internet Agreement: Blog Agreement
I agree to follow the terms and conditions from the District’s Internet/Computer Policies. The policies include but are not limited to:
1. Using the blog for classroom/educational purposes only. I will only post assignments and articles that are assigned and approved by my teacher. I understand that any post I make will fall under normal academic rules for papers including plagiarism and academic language. I will not use the blog or research to access or distribute: “material that is obscene; pornography; material that depicts, or describes in an offensive way, violence, sex, death, or material that has been designated as for adults only; material that promotes or advocates illegal activities; material that promotes the use of alcohol or tobacco, school cheating, or weapons; or material that advocates participation in hate groups or other potentially dangerous groups” (District Annual Notification to Parents).
2. If I accidentally access any of the above information, I will report it immediately.
1. I will not disclose my full name or any other personal contact information.
2. I will not disclose the name or personal information of any other pupils.
3. I will immediately notify my teacher if I receive a message that is inappropriate or makes me uncomfortable. I will not delete the message until a staff member has seen it. It is okay to switch the message from the public view to private view (keep it unpublished) if it is on my website/blog.
4. I understand that I am responsible for the blog and any content on it. I will not share my account/password information with anyone. I will immediately notify my teacher if there is a security problem with my website/blog.
Unlawful, Unauthorized, and Inappropriate Uses:
1. I will not post anything that is considered obscene, profane, lewd, vulgar, inflammatory or threatening.
2. I will not post anything that could cause damage or a danger of disruption to the school or any other organization or person.
3. I will not engage in a personal attack, including prejudicial or discriminatory attacks.
4. I will not harass or bully another person. Cyberbullying is prohibited by state law.
5. I will not knowingly post false or defamatory information about a person or organization.
6. I will not plagiarize or infringe on copyright from written or online works. I will follow the rules for Creative Commons and Fair Use.
7. If I choose to maintain my website/blog after graduation, I understand that I will not be covered under the Fair Use Copyright laws anymore. I will reevaluate my website/blog for Fair Use material as it pertains to educational purposes and make the necessary changes.
Google Account Use:
1. I will use my district Google account for educational purposes.
2. I will only share and collaborate on projects that have been assigned by a teacher.
3. I will not delete someone else’s work unless I have permission.
Software Licensing Policy/User Agreement
1. I not use unlicensed software to create and/or post on my website/blog.
Overall, I agree to the above terms and will use my common sense to post to my website/blog. If I am unsure about an item I am posting, I will check with my teacher and get approval first. I understand that infractions of the above could result in detention, referral, suspension, withdrawal from the class with a F, and/or possibly expulsion from my school/district. I understand that posting assignments without my teacher’s approval may result in a zero on the assignment and possible disciplinary action.
Parent Signature Date
Parent- Print Name