- Which character did you identify with the most?
- Was there a character you wished was in your family? Why, what about this character would add to your life?
- Bria and Sara are running from their pasts. Can you relate to this? How has running affected each of them? How has it affected you?
- Who are the people in your life that you would want by your side if the world turned upside down? Why?
- Think about the Page family it is large and mulit-generational. How does their faith shape their family? How does their family shape their interactions with the world?
- How does your faith shape your family? How does your family shape your interactions with the world?
- What was your favorite scene in the book?
- What scene was most intense for you?
- Do you think Jonah would accept Bria if he knew she’d had an abortion?
- Should Bria tell him? Why or why not?
- How does Bria’s past shape her present?
- Towards the end of the book Bria’s dad, Holt, apologizes to her. Do you think he had anything to apologize for?
- Do you think The Light portrays a realistic example of what life would be like after an EMP? Why or why not?
- How would you be different if the world as you knew it fell away?