RSU 71 Parent Portal Guidelines
Regional School Unit #71 utilizes Infinite Campus, a web-based student demographic and information system for the management of student data. The Infinite Campus Parent Portal allows parents/guardians of our currently enrolled students to view their child(ren)’s school information and progress, attendance, grades, assignments, class schedules, disciplinary issues, and other student demographics online in a confidential and secure setting
- Report cards may be viewed and printed.
- E-mail hyperlinks within the Infinite Campus Parent Portal provide a means to contact the appropriate staff (teachers and administrators) at your child’s school for additional information or address specific issues.
- Important announcements, events, and notices will be posted within the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Student information is available for parents to view as soon as it is posted by school staff.
Please Note: RSU #71 reserves the right to add or remove any of the above-mentioned features from the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. This powerful database and communication tool provides a means for school staff and parents to keep students on track for success in school.
RSU #71 will provide all parents/guardians of currently enrolled students access to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Only parents/guardians of students enrolled in RSU #71 with legal rights to their child(ren)’s student records may receive an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. RSU #71 reserves the right to deny or cease access to the Parent Portal due to violation procedures in this document, court orders, or any other legal proceedings that limit the availability of private educational data.
Use of the Infinite Campus Parent Portal
Users of the Infinite Campus Parent Portal must adhere to the following guidelines:
- To gain access to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal, all parents/guardians must complete the RSU #71 Parent Portal Registration Form and bring the form to the office of the oldest child with a photo ID. This will prevent unauthorized person’s from gaining access to student information. This form can be found here.
- All request forms must include a valid e-mail required for communication between home and school regarding the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Users will be notified via e-mail when their accounts are set up and ready for use. Instructions will be provided within that e-mail.
- Users will not share username and/or password with anyone. If at any time you believe that another person has gained access to your account, please change your password immediately.
- Users will not attempt to access data or another account for which they have no legal right to access.
- Users will act in a responsible, legal, and ethical manner.
- Users will not attempt to harm or destroy data that is stored in Infinite Campus or other school or district resources.
- Users will not utilize the Infinite Campus Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including the violation of data privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Users who identify a security problem with the Infinite Campus Parent Portal must notify the district’s technology department immediately without demonstrating the problem to anyone else. All technical issues must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users who identify a potential problem with the accuracy of the data contained within the Infinite Campus Parent Portal must report this to the school by contacting RSU 71 tech support at email@example.com
- Users must not set their computer to automatically log in to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal because this will allow anyone who uses your computer to gain access to your child(ren)’s student records.
- Users identified as a security risk to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or RSU #71’s network will be denied access to the parent portal.
- Only parents/guardians of currently enrolled students are eligible to receive an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Security Features
- Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
- Users will answer 3 of 6 security questions on the RSU #71 Census Verification in the event that a password needs to be reset. To get an account re-enabled call the school where the students attends and be ready with the students DOB, and answers to the security questions.
- Users will automatically be logged off, if the Infinite Campus Parent Portal remains open and inactive for a period of time.
- All attempts at logging into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal are logged and monitored for security purposes.
Technical Issues with the Parent Portal
Maintenance of the Infinite Campus Parent Portal system will require the system to be shut down at various times. When possible, notification regarding the unavailability of the Infinite Campus Parent Portal will be posted well in advance as an announcement on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal system.
RSU #71 is not responsible or liable for any technical issues related to your personal computer.