8 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
12-15 fresh jalapenos
1 lb. bacon, sliced in ½ or ⅓ depending on the size of the peppers
- Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Slice jalapenos in half length-wise. I recommend wearing disposable gloves for preparing these.
- Clean out the seeds and membranes. A cleaner pepper equals a milder product.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the shredded jack cheese.
- Fill each pepper half with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each pepper in ⅓ slice of bacon for smaller peppers or ½ slice for larger peppers.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place the peppers on a metal rack over a foil-covered baking sheet.
- Bake peppers at 375ºF for 20-30 minutes until bacon is done and crispy looking.
These can be made without bacon for vegetarians, or those people who don’t like bacon.