Telecommunications/Cable Corporate Training Subject Matter Expert and IT Support Specialist
Employer, Location, February 1998 - February 2013
Instructor/Technical Trainer, location ▪ January ‘07– February 2013
- Create, maintain, and administer training for technical operations and business class departments in multiple regions (1000+ employees). Specialize in training for DOCSIS, RF, video, high speed data, digital phone, security, and Signature Home services.
- Supervised and provided feedback to management during new hire training on an average of 50 employees are year.
- Facilitated new hire and existing employee safety training, along with OSHA and GE 95/128 compliance.
- Designed job aides and training documents used for training new products and services.
- Conducted over 100 training sessions a year.
Commercial Services Support Specialist, location▪ January 1998 – January 2007
- Setup, configuration, and troubleshooting an average of 15 commercial broadband routers (Cisco, Zyxel, Ambit) a day for business clients of business class services.
- Networks, Servers, DHCP, HTTP, POP, TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, etc.
- Position required knowledge of network topologies from CMTS to customer premise as well as and solid understanding of DOCSIS.
- Developed and facilitated training material that was used to train all new hires in the department.
Technology Consultant and Network/System Admin–consultant job, location▪ February 2001 – Present
- Perform desktop and network support for 20 computers. Assist employees and members with use of computers and networking needs.
Skills and Certifications
Essentials of Management Certification
Instructor Skills Certification
Handling the Training Environment Certification
Desktop Support (Windows and Macintosh)
Cisco Command Line Interface and IOS
HTML, PHP, and MySQL databases
Hardware and Software Installation and Support, including Networks and TCP/IP
Service Technician Certification (with Honors) – Jones NCTI
Installer Technician Certification (with Honors) – Jones NCTI
Installer Certification (with Honors) – Jones NCTI
General Education focused on Marketing and Advertising and Computer Hardware and Networking, school