Once you finish a section in Khan, complete the following school appropriate section project in a program. Once you complete one, call me over so I can check it off.
- In a new project, can you draw a picture of a structure, scene, or creature?
- E.g., a house, castle, school, store, fortress, mansion, circus, cabin, houseboat, mall, animal, alien, environment, etc.
- In the previous project you created, what colors can you add to the structure?
- In your project, can you use variables to resize more than one thing at a time?
- In the project, can you create something that moves?
- In your project, can you add an object that changes size and position?
- E.g., a sun, moon, cloud, bird, etc.
- Can you add a scrolling text to your project that looks like we are watching the news?
- Can you add/change something every time the user clicks the mouse in your project?
- Can you randomize something and use at least one if/else statement in your project?
- Can you add a loop that creates randomly generates something for your project?
- Can you make it rain/hail/snow in your project so that at first only a little bit comes down and then it starts to come down a lot?
- It doesn’t have to be conventional rain/hail/snow
- Can you add in randomized images in your project?
- Add something to your project that includes something you learned from object-oriented design.
Project questions to think about if you’re not sure what to make
- Can you create a school appropriate project that . . .
- . . . helps someone?
- . . . is scary, funny, exciting, boring, musical, silly, relaxing, or colorful?
- . . . solves a problem you see in the world?
- . . . reminds you of a special event, story, or place?
- . . . you can give as a gift to someone else?
- . . . you can use for another class?