General tips for successful presentations:
- Members generally prefer sessions where school district personnel are the primary presenter.
- Presenters are welcome to be vendor or product specific with their sessions. The session description must specify that the session will be vendor specific.
- Vendor or product specific sessions should not be a sales pitch.
- Presenters should remember to include time for question/answer during their session.
- The MAEDS audience is technical in nature, all sessions should be planned with this in mind.
- Have a digital version of any handouts available for the board to place on the MAEDS website.
The Fine Print:
Here are some of the criteria used by the board when selecting sessions:
- Completeness - Does the form contain all the necessary information for the board to make an informed decision?
- Specificity - Does the description spell out whether the session will be vendor or product specific?
- Sales-pitchy - Does the session sound like a sales pitch based on the description given?
- Timeliness - Does the session appear to focus on modern technology?
- Appropriateness - Is this session appropriate for the technical MAEDS audience?
- In 5-7 words, does the title give a good snapshot of the description?
- Does the description give a clear, concise description of the session?
- Is the session unique or does it sound like 10 other sessions that have been submitted?
Costs and Discounts:
- The discount is only available to conference attendees (not vendors).
- Only one discount is available per session (for the Main Presenter specified on the CFP form).
- Only one discount is available per person (for those people who present multiple times - cannot be shared).
- Speaker is still responsible for all hotel and travel costs.
Things to Remember:
- Vendors may not present at the conference unless they have been chosen as a vendor by the board
- Vendors who are chosen by the board are not guaranteed a presentation session
- Submission of a Call for Presenters form does not automatically guarantee selection