POKEMON GO SAFETY TIPS FROM BAYVIEW STATION
As the Pokemon Go fever hits the Streets of San Francisco, I wanted to take a few minutes to remind you/your kids of some simple safety tips. So as you battle, train, and capture your Pokemon - just remember you’re still in the real world! Other law enforcement agencies throughout the world have already reported accidents, injuries, and string of robberies where suspects have set up fake ‘Poke-spots’.
- Know your surroundings and pay attention to where you are going/who is around you. Slow car paralleling a person on foot, might be a sign it’s a get-away car. If you get the sense you are being followed or set-up for a robbery, head to a lighted area with people around.
- Watch where you are going, please don’t look down at your phone while crossing streets, getting off buses, or even while walking. Obey traffic laws, please.
- Do not run into trees, meters, and things that are attached to the sidewalk; they hurt.
- Do not drive or ride your bike / skateboard / hipster techie device while interacting with the app.
- Know where your kids are going when playing with the app, set limits on where they can go, so they don’t keep going trying to get that Pokemon.
- Tell your kids about stranger-danger because the app may bring strangers together in real life at ‘pokestops’.
- Do not go onto private property, dark alleys, or areas that you usually would not go if you weren’t playing the game.
Be Safe, Enjoy!
Bayview Police Station, San Francisco Police