VIET HUNG NGUYEN
SENIOR DEVOPS AND PYTHON MENTOR
Blog (Vietnamese): http://www.familug.org/
MAIN TECHNICAL SKILLS
Language: Python, Go, SQL, Bash, Elixir, Elm
Configuration management: SaltStack, Ansible
CI: Jenkins, GitLabCI, CircleCI, TravisCI, ConcourseCI
OS: Ubuntu, OSX, ArchLinux, Windows
SCM: git, GitLab, GitHub
Cloud: AWS (EC2, IAM, S3, SQS, Lambda, Boto3), DigitalOcean, OpenStack, GCE, Linode
Container: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring: DataDog, Graphite & DIamond, Grafana & InfluxDB, PagerDuty, Shinken
Logging: Graylog2, Scalyr, ELK
Hanoi University Of Science and Technology
Engineer, Applied Mathematic and Informatic, 2013
Grab | SysOps Engineer
Nov 2017 - Now | HoChiMinh Office, Singapore based company
- Co-design and developed serverless pipeline base on AWS lambda & serverless framework
- Developed microservice visualization tool, based on AWS API, Vizceral
- Developed onboarding automation backend with Flask, 3rd APIs
- Developed customized linters and setup CI system for Ansible playbooks
- Developed custom DataDog plugin for monitoring OpenVPN
- Developed AWS Python lambda for monitoring AWS ASG
- Design and implemented solution for mapping owner/team to services
- Maintain ChatBot and implemented features to automate onboarding / daily tasks
- Developed customized linters and setup CI system for Terraform system
- Setup pipeline to deploy (micro)services
Unblockapp | Senior DevOps Engineer
Jan 2016 - April 2017 | Remotely, Malaysia based company
- Leading SaltStack formulas development, develop formulas for deploy Golang microservices.
- Design and build CI system, code quality assurance tools for Golang microservices.
- Design and build CI system for Django frontend app.
- Setup CI to build multiple platforms app (Windows, Linux, Android).
- Deploy staging and production (on DigitalOcean) for Unblockapp.
- Prototype PoC for Docker based deployment for Golang microservices with Kubernetes, Concourse CI, Docker registry, Influxdb, EFK stack on DigitalOcean and Google Cloud (GKE).
- Setup PoC Kubernetes cluster manually on DigitalOcean with CoreOS and etcd, and deploy other one using Kargo (Ansible based) to deploy the dev cluster on DigitalOcean.
Robotinfra | Development director, Vietnam
Jan 2015 - Dec 2015 | Remotely, Hongkong based company.
- Coordinate Robotinfra.com development process.
- Research and develop Go application for new Robotinfra product.
- Co-design and develop testing system for SaltStack formulas on multiple slaves Jenkins + SaltStack cloud on DigitalOcean.
- Automate deployment and daily maintain whole infrastructure, namely email (Postfix+Dovecot+Amavis+OpenDKIM+OpenLDAP+RoundCube...), logging (Graylog2+Elasticsearch), graph (graphite+diamond, influxdb + grafana), monitoring (Shinken+NRPE), Git (GitLab/GitHub), CI (Jenkins, Concourse), task management (Youtrack, OpenERP), internal chat (Ejabberd, Mattermost), DNS authoritative and caching (Bind9), error monitor (Sentry)...
PyMi.vn | Organizer and mentor
May 2015 - now | Hanoi, Vietnam
- Designing course and teaching Python 2.7/3.5, Git, using GitLab.com for code reviewing, GitLab CI for CI.
- Built jobs.pymi.vn, a Python job aggregator which crawls data from all popular Vietnamese job sites. Uses Scrapy for crawling, Flask for API processing and Echo Go framework for website, deployed on Amazon EC2.
Robotinfra | Senior Devops
April 2013 - Dec 2014 | Remotely, Hongkong based company.
- Writing SaltStack formulas for automate deploying a wide range of software (both open/close sources).
- Setup, extend and improving the continuous integration system for testing 100+ software deployment on all supported Ubuntu LTS versions. In charge of whole testing process for Robotinfra.com product.
- Code (Python, Bash) and Salt formula review/merging for all changes made by all developers (on GitLab).
- Contribute bug fixes for SaltStack and Diamond and a lot of other Python open source software.
- Developing Python library and tools for internal using.
- Setup and maintaining email system (postfix + dovecot + openLDAP + amavis + spamassassin, RoundCube), metric system (Diamond + graphite), centralized logging system (Graylog2, rsyslog), CI system (Jenkins) for internal using and for clients.
- Troubleshooting complex system problems.
VCCloud, VCCorp | System Engineer, Python developer
June 2012 - April 2013 | Hanoi, Vietnam
- Developed Linux network gateway software, which supports high availability and load balancing. Which serves all offices of VCCorp. (Core python + iptables/Linux utilities)
- Developed and managed backend for VPN system. (web.py + OpenVPN)
- Automate OpenStack and infrastructure installation with configuration management software SaltStack.
- Setup and managing monitoring system (graphite), logging system (graylog2), CI system (Jenkins) which serves both public and private clouds.
- Guide developers write custom Diamond module for internal using.
- Deployed private cloud and public cloud with SaltStack on 30+ high end servers.
- Training developers/sysadmin on using git, SaltStack.
- Troubleshooting, tuning cloud components configurations and write functional tests for cloud system.
APSTech | Android developer
Jan 2012 - June 2012 | Hanoi, VietNam
- Developed new features for QuickSettings, an application for quickly access phone settings, switch on/off phone feature by just one click.
- Developed modules in CallBilling, an application for calculating mobile cost.
- Developed API (PHP) and Android application for Euro 2012 for local users.
- Organizing SaltStack meetup in Vietnam http://www.meetup.com/VietNam-SaltStack-Meetup/