PROJECT: Research Paper
- A 800-1,000 word Persuasive research paper will be written on a chosen, economic topic. These papers are to be persuasive-you should form a definite opinion and seek to defend your position.
- Information can be gathered from periodicals, pamphlets, books, internet sources, etc, with a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 10 sources used.
- A total of 30 notecards must be completed by Friday, March 10, 2017..
- The following are some suggested topics for research:
- Free Enterprise vs. the Command Economy
- The Increase of Socialism in the American Economy
- Why Communism Failed in the Soviet Union
- Should the United States Trade with China?
- Global Trade: Bilateral vs. Multilateral Trade Agreements
- The Final Draft must follow these guidelines:
- Typed in 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Double-spaced throughout
- Typed by yourself
- The entire paper's set-up is to follow the guidelines in your English book and should include the following:
- Title Page
- Final Outline with Thesis Statement
- Final Draft of Paper
- A 100% will be given if the assignments are completed and handed in on the specific due dates listed below under Schedule and if the student brings information to work on on assigned workdays. A 0% will be given if the student fails to meet either one of these criteria or fails to bring in work materials on workdays. At the end of the research paper these grades will be averaged together and will count as one Test Grade for the project..
GRADING (Two Test Grades):
- The first test grade will consist of an average of all assignment completion grades as listed in Requirements above.
- The second test grade will be of the contents and mechanics of the research paper itself.
- February 20, 2017-Topic Due
- February 22, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 24, 2017-5 Bibliography Cards & Outline Due
- March 3, 2017-15 Notecards Due
- March 8, 2017-In-class Workday
- March 10, 2017-Notecards Due (30 total)
- March 15, 2017-Rough Draft Due
- March 15, 2017-In-class Workday
- March 17, 2017-Paper Due