#125 - Into the Nexus: “Title”
• Garrett • Kyle
Our Patrons support Into the Nexus at Patreon.com/ITN. If you enjoy the show consider supporting it with 25 cents, a dollar, or however you would like! We thank all our Patrons for their support!
Intro: Welcome to Into the Nexus! The Heroes of the Storm podcast!
Reminder, you can go to ITNcast.reddit.com to submit stories or upvote submissions for the next episode.
- 120 games since my masters announcement
- What I learned:
- Dive is easy. Other strategies are over complicated or “unfun”
- Morale is extremely important
- Tychus (bigger they are)
- Tilters will tilt. They need to feel like their winning.
- However, this was the poke I needed to learn Falstad
- 83% winrate on Falstad (anti-dive)
- Thrall has not clicked, but I love his power. Great vs. Zagara. (Thrall Transition)
Alarak First Impressions
Braxis Holdout First Impressions
- 16-20 minute games
- When you control the points, the Holding cells fill very fast. 4% a tick
- That Zerg wave
- “Siege Merc” are melee fire bats.
- Vultures and their darn missiles.
- Movement speed decrease
MVP System First Impressions
From the community:
- Both Cho and Gall should get MVP
- There’s a bug with the Healer MVP card. It’s supposed to show the percentage of your team’s damage that you healed. Right now it can go over 100% because it isn’t counting damage done to non-tanks. Same bug is happening with the Warrior card showing a solo tank absorbing 100% of the damage. BlizzTravis got in and cleared all of this up.
Changes on the PTR
So much, just the interesting stuff
- Brightwing - Pixie Charm - grants a stack for every time you heal an allied hero. (.25 sec cooldown)
- Falstad - Wing Man - Minion deaths near you grants stacks (.25 sec cooldown)
- Each use use of bribe permanently increases lightning rod damage (max 80 stacks)
- New Talent: Covert Mission (Active)
- Enemy Minions killed near you grant a stack of Bribe. Hero Takedowns grant 10 stacks of Bribe. Use 25 stacks to Bribe a Mercenary, instantly defeating them. Does not work on Bosses. Maximum of 100 stacks. If a camp is defeated entirely with Bribe, the camp respawns 50% faster.
- Raynor Bride - Gone
- Azmodan Bribe - Gone
- Nazeebo Bribe - Gone
- Falstad - Tailwind - 15% instead of 20%
- Reghar - Ghost Wolf - 20% from 30%
- Nova - Advanced Cloaking - 25% from 30%
- Creep Movement Speed - 15% from 20%
- Johanna - Condemn - Deals 200% increased damage to Minions and Mercenaries.(Knight Takes Pawn Removed)
- Previously: Condemn deals 362 (172 + 0% per level) additional damage to Minions and Mercenaries and stuns them for 3 seconds.
- Muradin - Thunder Clap - Slows Movement and Attack Speed by 25% (Reverberation now increases this to 50%)
- Developer Comments: We’re removing the majority of our old Relentless-like Talents from the game, because we found that it wasn’t clear to the enemy team what was happening. Reducing the duration on very short disabling effects to begin with was hard to notice, and typically felt like a bug when it did happen. In some cases, we’re replacing these Talents with Hero specific ones that more clearly convey what’s happening, while fitting the gameplay of the Hero.
- Tychus - Relentless Soldier - Stun or Root 25% Resistance for 3 seconds
- Stitches - 13 Talent - When stunned or rooted, reduce Basic Ability cooldowns by 3.
- Monk - Stuns and Roots give 50% reduction from basic attacks for 4 seconds
- Morales grenade can be manually detonated
- Spyrian on reactivation delay: We're going to try removing the reactivation delay when the patch moves from PTR to the live version of Heroes. That should help the ability feel better, but we'll keep an eye on it and make additional adjustments if we need to.
- Murkies Octograb ends when he's killed
- Anub’arak - Burrow Charge no longer invincible, only unstoppable.
- 125 Stacks, 1 damage per stack. Complete. Additional 100 damage and 25% attack speed.
- Folks aren’t stoked about the changes to Valla’s Hatred
- Hatred stacks take a long time to build up, but fall off incredibly fast.
- Both from the same redditor, but lots of good discussion inside:
- Varian’s home screen background found in the files.
Blizzard has announced the Nexus Games a side tournament to the HGC. The Nexus Games are comprised of two separate events for Europe and America. Each with their own $10k prize pool.
There will be no restriction on the new Machines of War content so expect to see new heroes and battlegrounds during the tourney.
- Best of 5 / Best of 7 Finals
- Runs through September and October
- Heavy emphasis on the new Machines of War content being used
Patreon Mention: Patreon.com/ITN
- Isaac Berry
- Peter Stuart
- Seth Pugsley
- Dan Nilsson
- MATTHEW A VANDERSLUIS
- Jeremy roberson
I've recently had a come to Jesus moment. As many other players do, I feel my rank does not represent my true skill level. Rather than blaming my teammates for my losses I looked at myself and it came to me: My hero pool is too small. I noticed many times during drafting I would type: "Sylvanas would be really good on this map" without being able to pick her myself. Other instances include not picking Sonya to counter Illidan or being unable to draft Xul to give us the cc and lane clear we are lacking. In these situations I would be forced to pick a comfort hero and not be able to counter the opposing team. I know my Tyrael is solid but Zagara is simply a better pick than double tank and no specialist on Tomb of the Spider Queen. Do you think this is an overlooked issue among Heroes players and how much do you think it can improve your win rate?
- In the spirit of this, we are giving away Chef Stitches and Glam ETC bundles. Post on the official show patron post, or hang out for the after show for your chance to win! Thank you to Tralamin for the codes.
- Also, A Malf bundle from Telari (But don’t tell Garrett you’ll play him)
Patreon Shout Out
ITN is supported by our badass Patrons. You can become a ITN Patron by going to Patreon.com/itn.
- GiggleShmack: Who complimented us greatly. But really Giggle left a 5 star review for the ITN community, saying: “My favorite thing is the community they’ve created. The listeners of ITN are always a pleasure to play with, no matter what league, game mode, or how well your game is going.”
Into the Nexus is produced by Amove.tv and our Patreon producers Declan H and CheezyBob! ITN coffee mugs and glasses are over at bit.ly/amovestore.
Catch the live show Thursday nights at 8pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/Amovetv. Mobile live stream provided by Alpha Geek Radio. Go to mobile.alphageekradio.com.
Follow the show on Twitter @ITNcast, Facebook.com/Amovetv, And ITNpodcast.reddit.com.
Thanks to Brian Griffith, the musician responsible for our intro music. He can be found at briangriffithmusic.com or @briangriffith on twitter..
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
The Angry Chicken: A Hearthstone Podcast
The Angry Nerd
Just because we aren’t running ads at the top doesn’t mean these codes are any less awesome!
Our code, ITN, will get you a free 120gb SSD added to your already amazing Doghouse gaming PC.
The same code, ITN, will get you 30% off and free shipping on your entire order of noise-reducing earbuds from Tweaked Audio!