5993 Andover Ct, Riverside, CA 92506
(508) 205-9861 - contact@NickolasPoulin.com
1999 - 2003 University of Hartford Hartford, CT
Bachelor of Arts, Economics Barney School of Business (AACSB Accredited)
Minor: Management Information Systems
Associate of Arts, General Studies Hillyer College
My GPA was a 3.42 in my major and a 3.8 in my minor. In addition to my required courses, I studied extensively in the area of computer science and also took courses in communications, digital systems logic, calculus, physics, philosophy, creative writing, theater, and prints & illustrations.
2018 – Present Self Employed San Francisco, CA
Project Management Consultant
- Provided business analysis consulting services to medical software organizations and investment firms.
- Provided assistance to medical firms in selecting medical software for their organizations.
- Provided project management and technical analysis services for a high-tech residential construction project.
2017 – 2018 IEHP (Inland Empire Health Plan) Rancho Cucamonga, CA
IT Business Systems Analyst - Business Process Engineer I
- Studying current processes and systems in order to develop new methods to improve productivity, to reduce waste, and most of all, to provide the best service possible to our members.
2013 – 2017 HSTpathways Lafayette, CA
Technical Business Specialist (2017)
- Project Manager for all cross product technical projects including third party integrations.
- Team Lead for all technical customer support cases escalated from tier two support.
Senior Product Analyst (2014 – 2017)
- Worked with a team of nurses and technical staff to ensure proper workflow and regulatory needs were addressed during and after the eChart project.
- Coordinated with and directly assisted the sales team, helping close many deals.
HSTpathways eChart Project (2014 – 2016)
- Designed an amazing electronic health record product that sets bold new standards in a nearly stagnant industry.
- Generated multiple key differentiating features of the software such as BLOC functionality (a customize-able modular design style), a custom client workflow framework, LiveEdit (collaborative real time editing functionality), and more, introducing leading edge software features into a market where little innovation exists.
- Designed and codified all of the original product wireframes using Adobe Fireworks to create interactive, demonstrable models.
- Coordinated multiple third-party vendor interactions.
Application Trainer (2013 – 2014)
- Managed the deployment of software in ambulatory surgical centers, ensuring that clients were not only capable of using the software, but were using it in such a way that would enhance their business by increasing revenues and reducing costs, making them not just clients, but vocal advocates for our company.
- Wearing many hats (nearly every hat available), I made up for the lack in staffing in areas ranging from in-house IT support, to sales development, to HL7 interface management, and everything in between.
2010 – 2013 Self Employed Los Angeles, CA
Project Management Consultant
- In what was the biggest compliment I’ve received in my career, after giving notice of my departure from Amkai, I was asked to continue offering my services to the company on a contract basis.
- Provided guidance and support for the implementation of electronic health record (EMR/EHR) and administrative software, as well as training and support for all levels of staff ranging from surgeons and administrators to front desk employees.
- Performed clinical and administrative workflow analysis, hardware and network equipment purchasing, setup, and maintenance, and general end user support.
2007 – 2010 Amkai, Inc. Waterbury, CT
Senior Implementation Project Manager – Client Services
- Managed implementation projects for proprietary medical administrative and electronic medical record software systems and performed the duties of analyst, process engineer, and trainer.
- Managed the deployment and installation of software including hardware and network preparations.
- Designed and programmed portions of the medical records software application and reports.
2003 – 2006 BTM Corporation (Formerly Enamics) Stamford, CT
- Managed large portions of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including competitive analysis, requirements definition, quality assurance (QA), and documentation.
- Maintained and produced content for all media distribution including websites, press releases, and printed publications.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Project, Workfront, CaseComplete, and Mindjet MindManager.
- Experienced with RoboHelp and Madcap help text software, and Open Source MantisBT, Atlassian’s JIRA, and Seapine’s TestTrack development software.
- Highly trained in the use of HST pathways and eChart software, Amkai Enterprise Office and Charts software, and familiar with Source Medical’s AdvantX.
- Expert in data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and accounting software.
- Experienced in the installation, configuration, and remote management of Microsoft based workstation, server, database, virtualization, and network application publishing software.
- Experienced in software, hardware, and network performance evaluation, optimization, and debugging.
References Available Upon Request