The components of a Collaboration session - Virtual Classroom and the Lightweight Chat - allow you and your students to participate in real-time, online classroom discussions and presentations. From this page you can access all of the collaboration sessions for the course, including those that have already taken place and are archived and those that are scheduled for the future. You can also schedule new collaboration sessions and make changes to those already scheduled from this page.
To create a collaboration session:
- Navigate to the course you wish to create the session in.
- On the left-side panel, click on Tools.
- On the next page, scroll down and select Collaboration.
- The next page will display the sessions currently in your course. By default, there are two sessions already in your course (Lecture Hall and Office Hours). If you wish to create another collaboration session, press the blue Create Collaboration Session button above the sessions list.
- You can now set up your collaboration session on the next page. It is required that you give the session a name.
- You can also set up the dates that the collaboration session will be visible to students, just like you can do with assignments and tests. This is optional.
- If you wish for your students to be able to see the collaboration session, make sure Yes is chosen for the Available option.
- Choose the type of collaboration tool that you would like.
>>Virtual Classroom allows users to enter a real-time discussion with instructors, other
students, and colleagues, access the Web, and engage in question and answer sessions.
>>Chat allows users to open just the chat function of the Virtual Classroom.
- Click on the Submit button. You will now see your collaboration session added to the session list.