Video Audition Guidelines
If you are unable to attend an audition in person, video submissions are accepted. Please review the video audition guidelines below. The deadline for video audition submission is March 14, 2014.
Students unable to audition in person may submit a recent photo in first arabesque, headshot and a video tape no longer than 15 minutes in length. (DVD or web-hosted (youtube) video only, please). Please label all materials with your name and age.
The video should contain the following:
1. A close up of student’s head and shoulders:
· Clearly state your name and age.
2. A brief barre, filmed from the side view, alternating sides of the following:
· Pliés in 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th positions
· Battement tendu en croix with demi plié
· Battement tendu and battement jeté en croix
· Ronde de jambe à terre en dehors and en dedans
· Fondu en croix finishing with a balance in retiré en demi-pointe
· Développé en croix finishing in a 90° arabesque balance en demi-pointe
· Grand battements en croix
3. Center work with the following:
(Ladies should wear pointe shoes for all center work.)
· Adagio with écarté, attitude and arabesque
· Petit allegro including batterie
· Pirouettes en dehors and en dedans
· Grand allegro showing large jumps and use of space
· Ladies: échappé sur les pointes á la seconde and quatrième
· Men: double tours and grand pirouette á la seconde
Please include the $35 video application fee with your video and completed application form. Videos should be recent, taped no earlier than September 2013.