SIG/GIG Purpose: To add value to the ATD –Utah Chapter by providing members an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals within a specific learning industry topic or geographic location.
Purpose: To manage the chapter’s Special Interest Group events.
Reports to: Professional Development Director
Term: One year
1. Recruit and coordinate a committee for Special Interest Group (SIG) & Geographical Interest Groups (GIG) events.
2. Manage meet-up logistics; location, materials, registration/attendance.
3. Coordinate with Professional Development Director to post schedule and update announcements through the chapter resources (website, newsletter, meetings…).
4. Produce monthly report to Professional Development Director for review by the Board, indicating meeting topics, attendance, expenses, and income for each SIG; include YTD totals.
5. Recruit and train incoming SIG Coordinator.
6. Represent chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities.
1. Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business.
2. Ability to build, motivate and lead a team of volunteers.
3. Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through.
4. Ability to plan, organize and evaluate activities required by the position.
5. Commit to attending Coordinator meetings and other Chapter functions as required by the position.
6. Directly involved in the Training and Development/Performance Management fields with broad knowledge of local resources in these fields.