2.5.1509.0807 Release Notes
Supported operating systems
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
For hardware and software requirements, see further details here:
Requires Internet connectivity and HTTPS / HTTP port 80/8080 to be open
For live streaming on lowest settings, a minimum upload speed of 500 Kbps is required
For a list of bugs being worked on see “Known Issues” section. For other general known limitations see list below.
- A bug in some Nvidia’s driver versions ( incl 337.50 and 337.88) prevents some functions in XSplit Broadcaster from working on Laptops with GTX 8XXM GPUs. Nvidia has released updates to its drivers to resolve this problem. Drivers from 340.52 and up resolves this issue
- CPPCORE-399 - Screen capture issues with multi-GPU combination (Exclusive mode window capture is disabled on multi monitor systems where monitors are connected to separate GPU’s)
See Notes on limitation.
- Some Origin-enabled games (eg. Mirror’s Edge - DX9) may crash or freeze. We are actively working with Origin to resolve this. A workaround for the moment is to disable Origin overlay by going to Origin client’s Application Settings -> Origin In Game -> Uncheck “Enable Origin In Game”
- XSplit Broadcaster may not be compatible with other similar applications that capture games running at the same time (i.e.: MSI Afterburner, Fraps). To resolve issues with MSI Afterburner user may try either of the following: Run MSI Afterburner after XSplit Broadcaster, or set the "Application detection level" to “Low” in the RivaTuner properties.
- In DirectX11 games (for example World of Warcraft and Assassins Creed 3), XSplit Broadcaster will not enter into game and cannot capture when Fraps is running. UPlay and Steam has the same problem, since Fraps prevents any other software from capturing in DX 11.
- XSplit Broadcaster is incompatible with some games using GameGuard for anti-cheat protection, hereunder Hero of the Obelisk and RF online. We have tried to contact INCA Internet (developers of GameGuard) but have received no response on this issue yet.
- XSplit Broadcaster will run in low performance mode (legacy compatibility mode) on laptops using ATI Enduro switchable graphics (most modern laptops with AMD graphics card). We have to force this mode due to a bug in the AMD Enduro driver. No current ETA on a driver update to solve this issue.
- XSplit Virtual camera fails in GotoMeeting. Issue has been reported and acknowledged by Citrix - we’re hoping for a fix soon.
- AMD Mantle Graphics API is not supported by GameSource
- XSplit Broadcaster required a display driver to be installed to run (XBC-3973)
Features and improvements
- CPPCORE-829 - Implement delayed GOPs drop in VHMultiWriter
- CPPCORE-837 - Implement authentication support for RTMP ("Standard" Adobe authentication)
- XBC-2625 - Allow for help hints in source properties dialog
- XBC-2804 - Allow extra parameter settings per encoder
- XBC-3948 - Duplicate speaker volume controls on Stream Only device
Note: specify allowaudbtnspkdup:0 exe parameter to disable
- XBC-3971 - Faster loading of Notice dialog and Purchase points
- XBC-4034 - Add user feedback for Enable Special Optimization for GameSources
- XBC-4191 - New UI to improve usability for professional production
- Changed scene order from top-to-bottom to left-to-right
- Move Resolution, Frame rate & Scale menu to upper-right label
- Show Transition menu in bottom panel
- Allow to set favorite transitions (maximum of 8 transitions)
- Allow to select favorite transition on scene switch
- Allow drag and drop to reorder scene buttons
- Add Preview Editor to View menu
- Add Express Edit to Tools menu
- XBC-4239 - Tridef Smartcam support
- XBC-4305 - Highlight new recordings after a recording session
- XBC-4393 - Allow to change SWF source from source properties dialog
- XBC-4432 - Improve application responsiveness when finalizing recording (on NAS/Network drive)
- XBC-4482 - Improvements for SLI and Crossfire
- XBC-4519 - Allow custom RTMP plugin to optionally specify username and password (using the new Adobe authentication) (For testing)
- XBCPLUGINS-139 - Improvements for title plugin
- Improved animation controls
- General Purpose Clock -> Count -> Can specify and show only MM:SS (Example: 01:10) without HH and with 0 before in the numbers.
- CPPCORE-786 - Game capture is displayed black when game is in DX10 - Gears of War (PC)
- CPPCORE-787/XBC-4314 - XSplit Broadcaster crashes when setting a delay or offset for Blackmagic WDM filter
- CPPCORE-803 - Desktop or Desktop region selection may not work on some Windows 10 systems (Fix currently being tested)
- CPPCORE-814 - Video files do not remember pause state when restarting XSplit Broadcaster
- XBC-520 - Extra parameters are not retained when choosing the same codec in an unsaved channel
- XBC-3331 - Broadcast plugin hotkey assignment is removed when switching channel entry
- XBC-3436 - Add a "Retry" button to the offline login prompt
- XBC-3482 - Decklink Playout fails adjustment to 720p if coming from some specific resolutions
- XBC-3812/CPPCORE-430 - Window capture freezes while “Aero” mode is enabled with various AMD GPU Setups (CrossFire/Enduro/APU)
- XBC-4036/4178 - XSplit Broadcaster can crash occasionally when using stinger transitions (very rare)
- XBC-4151 - Stinger Transitions play when opening preview window and not playing when going live
- XBC-4170 - Settings window keeps the changes in Birth-Year value in profile even when Cancel button is clicked
- XBC-4195 - Source sticks to the mouse cursor if it's clicked before 'About' dialog comes out
- XBC-4273 - Source property may go behind the main window when "always on top" is enabled
- XBC-4319 - Registration may get stuck when continuing with offline mode
- XBC-4322 - First scene change using scene button doesn't work when optimize scene transition is enabled
- XBC-4325 - VCE is undetected after installing AMD Driver 15.7 (Affects Windows 7)
- XBC-4328 - Application shows a white screen when current presentation (with sources) is discarded during login
- XBC-4334 - Main window may not show up when coming from an app crash or termination
- XBC-4343 - Splash screen is seen after logging out from a newly registered user
- XBC-4344 - Incorrect FPS displayed in upper-right label after the mixer is automatically adjusted
- XBC-4348 - Resizing the mixer during the middle of a recording or streaming can cause a video stutter
- XBC-4354 - XSplit Broadcaster may crash when closing VOD manager while YouTube authentication window is loading
- XBC-4356 - Bottom panel of Preview Editor becomes bigger when opened while main view is resized smaller than Preview Editor's minimum size
- XBC-4357 - Preview editor may become disordered when main window is scaled to smallest and preview editor is maximized
- XBC-4358 - Cannot leave Offline image empty for Skype and Game Source
- XBC-4370 - Crash on switching scenes with SWF files; Happens over time
- XBC-4408 - Korean text doesn't render correctly on Windows 10
- XBC-4418 - Retain stinger transition between sessions
- XBC-4425 - Some machines can crash on startup during video card detection in Windows 10
- XBC-4433 - Application may hang on a broadcast plugin's authentication dialog when new presentation is selected
- XBC-4438 - HttpRequestException shows when a video is uploaded to youtube with a blank title (only space) and then cancelled
- XBC-4439 - FormatException then mscorlib crash if a video is uploaded and it has curly brackets in its tag
- XBC-4440 - Properties dialog can go behind when opening DirectShow output pin properties
- XBC-4442 - Virtual camera registration may fail on Windows 10
- XBC-4452 - Projecting other scene does not immediately project scene content
- XBC-4455 - Exceptions show if internet is interrupted/disconnected while plugin store is loading
- XBC-4458 - Exceptions then crash on clicking upload to YouTube in VOD manager after internet is disconnected or reconnected
- XBC-4484 - High CPU Usage with Skype Source
- XBC-4490 - Text source does not support .OTF Fonts
- XBC-4491 - XSplit may crash on starting streaming or recording with Yuan-Hitech devices (not easy to reproduce) (For testing)
- XBCPLUGINS-136 - Livestream UI for "Extra Parameters" is flushed to the right
- XBCPLUGINS-137 - UStream radio buttons on "Video Encoding Setup" is pushed upwards
- XBCPLUGINS-147/XBC-4447 - Twitch IRC Chat Viewer authentication on source is removed/gone on restart
- XBCPLUGINS-148 - YouTube Live can scaledown a default live event to 720p when coming from 1080p
- XBCPLUGINS-153 - Twitch broadcast authentication may crash on libcef if internet is disconnected while it is loading
- XBCPLUGINS-154/XBC-3999 - Crash on YouTube Live when trying to stream while network is disabled
- XBCPLUGINS-155/XBC-4485 - Exception encountered when authenticating new hitbox account that is not yet setup
- XVE-276 - Express Edit - Stage stretches with the application size when a video is deleted while application was maximized
- XVE-285 - Express Edit - Window cannot be resized if it's maximized then restored by dragging the title bar down
- (M26) CPPCORE-567 - Encoding with QuickSync cause periodic encoder restarts on some hardware
* If high bitrate, error can show up in a short span;
* Found to happen on some Intel HD4600 (Haswell), Intel HD4000 (Ivy Bridge) and some laptops with built-in Haswell chipsets.
* Update (September 4, 2015): Issue is now isolated to desktop systems which also has discrete graphics card. - We are working hard to resolve the issue.
- (M26) CPPCORE-777 - BlackMagic WDM filter does not remember settings (Issue ticket has been accepted by BMD so we are waiting for a driver update)
* Update (September 4, 2015): BlackMagic has released a new driver 10.5 desktop video which should resolve this issue.
- CPPCORE-521 Audio/Video desync with Axis IP Cameras running on RTSP
- CPPCORE-546 - Source Transitions do not reflect crop settings for Sources.
- (M27) CPPCORE-606 - MP4 recordings (saved from live stream) has a small stop in the beginning of playback
- (M27) CPPCORE-624 - XSplit virtual camera fails in GotoMeeting (needs retesting in latest GTM)
- (M27) CPPCORE-678 - Issues with Mist RTMP server
- (M27) CPPCORE-752 - Random "Local Recordings" getting corrupted
- (M26) CPPCORE-769/XBC-4232 - Audio Preview gets delayed
- (M26) CPPCORE-832 - Using QuickSync (QS2) may cause high CPU usage during periodic encoder restart
- (M26) CPPCORE-836 - Encoding may continuously restart even when recording is paused
- XBC-1457 - VOD Manager becomes slow when reading multiple files
- (M27) XBC-1948 - Source plugins are still accessible even if the plugins are not installed
- (M27) XBC-2657 - VideoCodecEngine gradually ignores specified bitrate settings and increases over time
- XBC-2791 - Rundll32.exe crashes when dragging main window while thumbnail preview is still loading (pretty hard to accomplish-:)
- (M26) XBC-2917 - Projector opens to the incorrect display for triple monitors in multi-GPU setup
Note: Possible Windows issue according to this post.
- (M27) XBC-3391 - Split recordings doesn't support correct timestamping
- (M26) XBC-3506 - AVerMedia H264 reports an encoding error when recording from live stream
Note: While this error can happen intermittently, we recommended to restart your computer to begin encoding again with the AVerMedia H.264 codec if you encounter the issue.
- XBC-3525 - Get property "wasapienum" failed for some very particular SWF files; Crash follows
- XBC-3923 - Videos and sources start before XSplit Broadcaster has loaded
- (M26) XBC-4007 - Multiple encoding with VCE2 can result in Error code 0x19 (AMF_INPUT_FULL)
* Update (September 4, 2015): Issue seems to affect Win7; our tests with Win8.1 & Win10 did not produce this issue.
This is now limited to single encoding - succeeding attempts to encode with VCE2 will get a prompt.
- XBC-4044 - Audio can still be heard even if the video fails to play back with "RTMP Stream"
- (M25) XBC-4075 - Default broadcast plugins are not downloaded after registering from 2.3 build, and reverting to 2.2 public
Note: Affects users w/o channel set up in their account. If you’re one of those users, you may manually install the plugins from the store or rename/delete your xmXXXX.db before logging into 2.2 to allow XSplit to automatically re-install the default broadcast plugins upon login.
- (M27) XBC-4116 - Unable to play the converted mp4 in Win7N file if "OPTIMIZE FOR WEB" is checked
- (M27) XBC-4508 - Clicking Sign-in/Sign-up with Facebook in the Dailymotion authentication window will open the link in browser
- (M26) XBC-4523/CPPCORE-844 - Certain .gif gets slow or laggy when added as media file (drag and drop)
- (M27) XBC-4542 - Application may freeze by streaming to an unauthorized plugin and quickly clicking Share Stream thereafter
- (M27) XBC-4543 - Stage becomes grey while being resized. Video links on an empty stage adjust slowly thus may appear disoriented and blurry
- (M27) XBCPLUGINS-158 - Hitbox & Ustream - Exception occurs when clicking Skip Wizard while offline
- (M26) XVE-251 - Express Edit - "Can't Add Video" alert dialog seemed to be captured and stuck in the display
- (M26) XVE-261 - Express Edit - Play/pause button may not work after deleting a VOD
- (M26) XVE-262 - Express Edit - Gray preview after quickly deleting chunks of file
- (M27) XVE-287 - Application may have delays in responding to mouse dragging to move the window when it receives back focus
- (M27) XVE-288 - Unable to detect installed MFP for Windows 10 N; URL points to the System32 folder
- (M27) CPPCORE-725/XBC-2956 - Sources where transitions are enabled, but unchecked, can fail to start on the first try after switching scenes (Workaround: check “keep source loaded”)
- XBC-2497 - Add Source submenus may be hidden in some special cases
- (M27) XBC-2837 - Some dialogs keeps flashing a white page when opened
- XBC-2957 - Source transition doesn't work for Skype Video in Offline mode
- XBC-2960 - "Skype Video" flickers when mini video window is opened
(Workaround: Calls > Call settings > Show advanced settings > Uncheck “Show call controls when Skype is in the background”)
- XBC-3178 - Projector can show thumbnail previews of other scenes if projecting specific scenes that is not the active scene
- (M27) XBC-3347 - Text (Duration and Timer) refreshes when changing System Sound device
- XBC-3481 - Decklink Playout supported frame rates aren't always followed (For Retesting)
- (M27) XBC-3575 - Cannot login 2nd account if “Remember me” is unchecked
- (M26) XBC-3874 - Streaming plugins w. NVENC shows "Variable" for Frame rate mode (local recording is ok) (FPS is constant, but Mediainfo show variable due to a small time stamp variation on the first few frames)
- (M26) XBC-4169 - Error message is not user-friendly when repairing a file that is in-used
- (M27) XBC-4296/XBCPLUGINS-119 - Message prompt dialog can intermittently shrink
- (M27) XBC-4315 - Switching video encoder from Avermedia to x264 puts Avermedia encoder name into Extra param box
- (M27) XBC-4316 - Source property dialog loses focus on changing camera sources
- (M27) XBC-4318 - Main window becomes inactive when auto-login is enabled
- (M27) XBC-4502 - Adaptive bitrate option is visible for Local Streaming and Custom RTMP plugins if codec selected is not x264
- (M27) XBC-4505 - Wrong codec name displayed on Reconfigure Stream dialog when streaming using VCE
- (M27) XBC-4506 - Express Edit remains open after logout if warning dialog was dismissed by clicking the X button
- (M27) XBC-4509 - Clicking Sign-up to Twitter and then logging in with an existing account from the upper right link will open the Twitter dashboard in the same window
- (M27) XBC-4559 - Image slideshow distortion when selecting color keying with auto crop enabled in layout
- (M26) XVE-252 - Express Edit - Little video playback and UI desync at the end of the video
- (M26) XVE-253 - Express Edit - Unable to close window through the taskbar
- (M27) XVE-289 - Express Edit - Stage remains stretched when maximizing then dragging the title bar down
- (M27) XVE-290 - Express Edit - Clicking the title bar makes the stage flicker
- (M27) XVE-291 - Express Edit - Empty presentation overlay is clickable even if presentation is not empty
If you are looking for the release notes of the previous version, please look here.
To see how issues are prioritized, kindly click here.