CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description - Crew Leader
Title: Crew Leader
Reports to: Crew Captain
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp meetings, training and orientation. During camp 24/7 for length of assigned session(s). Post-camp meeting.
The CampHERO Crew Leader works directly with girls, as their primary group leader. Crew Leaders will guide the girls through activities, assure safety and meet the needs of the girls.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise crew of 4-8 girls.
- Know the girls in the crew and help them to accomplish the CampHERO mission of developing confidence, character and courage to make the world a better place through public service.
- Give positive feedback and encouragement.
- Manage disruptive or unsafe behaviors.
- Assist girls with assignments and reflection of their experience.
- Assist with meal preparation and housekeeping.
- Assure that girls report to activities on-time and prepared.
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply behavior management techniques.
- Help girls maintain a healthy lifestyle while at camp.
- Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers.
- Sleep at camp in a cabin unit with other volunteers.
- Take a ‘night watch’ shift at least once during camp. (Stay awake until all campers have retired, sleep in the same building, and be available during the night to attend to camper needs).
- Assist instructors and activity leaders as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or the equivalent .
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.